Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützt die GIZ die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Agriculture Support and Knowledge Facility” in Uzbekistan.
The overall objective of the Sector Reform Performance Contract of which this contract will be a part is: to contribute to the achievement of the 2030 Vision of the Agri-Food Sector, which aims to develop a competitive, market and export-oriented Uzbekistan Agri-food Sector that will increase farm incomes, create new jobs, enhance food security and ensure the sustainable use of natural resources (in line with the Uzbekistan Agri-Food Development Strategy 2020-2030 and its Roadmap).
- The purpose of this contract is to provide an Agriculture Support and Knowledge facility (ASK) to assist the Government of Uzbekistan in managing the transition process from a planned economy to a market-based system by creating an enabling policy and regulatory environment and strengthening key institutional capacities and the development of targeted agri-food public services.
- The Agriculture Support and Knowledge facility (ASK) will also provide complementary support to assist the Uzbek government in implementing the Sector Reform Performance Contract.
He/she will be responsible for strengthening sector systems and services in programme and project cycle management. This is anticipated to focus on the development of programme management capacity within the Ministry of Agriculture and strengthening project cycle management structures systems and procedures within UZAIFSA and with donors and development partners in support of the sector.
Qualifications and skills
- Masters’ Degree in Management, Project/Programme Management, Public administration, Economics, Agriculture Economics, Rural Development or in another relevant field or as an equivalent, Bachelor’s degree and 2 years more general professional experience in excess of the minimum 10 years (as defined below);
- Proven knowledge and advanced skills in project management, scheduling and monitoring;
- Skills in utilising specialised computer applications for programme/project cycle management;
- Very strong, diverse stakeholder coordination, communication and facilitation skills;
- Excellent English communication skills both orally and in writing;
- Russian and/or Uzbek language skills would be an asset;
- Knowledge of Central Asian culture and customs would be desirable.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of relevant international experience working in development cooperation programmes and projects.
Specific professional experience
- At least 10 years in project implementation and/or coordination, including programming, project planning, scheduling and progress monitoring,
- At least 5 years in planning and monitoring of programme/projects activities and budgets.
- At least 3 years in utilising specialised software for programme/project cycle management.
- Previous experience of working on projects supporting the institutional capacity building would be an asset
- Experience in supporting donor coordination is desirable.
The main operational base of the project will be the Ministry of Agriculture, Tashkent, Uzbekistan. However, for activities related to technical support and capacity development for other Ministries, public bodies and local public services, presence in those locations and in the field may be required.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended indicative start date is 1st November 2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 40 months from this date.
It is expected that despite any possible constraints related to the Covid-19 context the implementation should start and continue as planned using to some extent, as may be required, some flexible remote working arrangements (for a minimum of 300 days).
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement. We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in Europeaid format.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.