The Programs Administrator is responsible for providing support to program operations and management support for specified IntraHealth country and global programs. The Programs Administrator coordinates careful project and financial management and support and participates in new business development. S/he assists with the design and development of project management systems, works directly with agency/partner contacts, consultants, and colleagues across the organization, and globe using strong partnership and relationship management skills. This position reports to the Senior Technical Manager and s/he is expected to work independently with general supervision.
Program Management – 50%
- Support project senior technical managers/managers/advisors and country-based staff in developing and reviewing annual work plans and budgets and to lead work plan and budget monitoring.
- Assist in the preparation, review, editing, and finalization of required project reports.
- In collaboration with Contracts, Grants, and Procurement team, prepare project contract documents (subcontracts, sub agreements, purchase orders, and Memoranda of Understanding) as requested; and create/adapt systems for managing subcontracts and sub grants.
- Facilitate consultant approvals and paperwork, including identifying, interviewing and hiring consultants, managing consultant expense reports and invoices, and ensuring accuracy and adherence to contract.
- Participate in and provide project updates or develop PowerPoint presentations for project specific partner and stakeholder meetings as necessary.
- Create and maintain the projects’ SharePoint site(s) and assist with project-related information management.
- Respond to country office requests for assistance in various operational, technical and program areas, including travel.
- Represent programmatic areas and participate in headquarters task forces as necessary.
- Participate as a representative of the Programs Division in internal systems improvement initiative working groups, as needed (e.g., SharePoint training, IntraHealth Country Office Performance Dashboard, IntraHealth country portfolio reviews).
- Ensure alignment of project work plans, Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) plans, Learning Plans, and activities with project objectives, expected results and donor requirements.
- Develop management tools that can be adapted for other programs as needed, e.g., travel and budget tracking tools, partner communication templates, consultant approval templates.
Financial Management – 35%
- Work closely with the country project Finance department and the headquarters Finance Department to develop, monitor, track and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures compared to project budget. Ensure that project budget projections and expenses are properly tracked.
- Review expense reports, cash requests, and internal financial system reports and collaborate with Chapel Hill-based Finance and Contracts staff and in-country Finance staff to correct any errors identified, informing Finance staff of necessary changes to be made.
- Ensure various program funding mechanism rules and regulations are followed according to donor and lead partner expectations.
- Manage procurement process, serving as headquarters point person for the country(ies).
New Business Development – 10%
- Participate in new business development bids including writing job descriptions and participating in strategic meetings.
- Create proposal budgets and budget narratives and provide administrative support as necessary.
- Liaise with the technical proposal team to ensure alignment between technical narrative and budget(s).
- Liaise with Human Resources, Finance, Contracts, Grants and Procurement, and Safety & Security staff on project-related personnel issues.
- Provide technical contributions to work plans, technical strategies and other products as needed.
- Undertake other related tasks as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field with 4 years of relevant experience
- No less than 2 years of program management experience.
- International/Global Health experience highly preferred
- Experience in finance, administration, and management, developing and tracking budgets, logistics, and operations
- Working experience in health or social programs with some knowledge of one or more functional areas such as: health system strengthening, gender equity, HIV/AIDS, family planning, maternal and newborn health, and/or nutrition.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including writing and editing skills.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office software especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Comfortable working in teams, acting independently in the implementation of specific tasks, multitasking and prioritizing, working under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse group of people of various nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Skills in working with external partners and building and maintaining partner relationships.
- Working experience with international nongovernmental organizations and the donor requirements for USAID, CDC, DFID, BMGF and other private foundation funded projects.
- Second language proficiency.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Ability to travel locally and internationally estimated 30% of the time
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed
- Position is based in IntraHealth’s Chapel Hill, North Carolina headquarters office
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written) - Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate professional communication behaviors
- Planning and Organizing - Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary
- Interpersonal Relationships - Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments and/or Country Offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
About the Organization
Why Choose IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.