ECODIT is seeking a Project Accountant to join our Rosslyn office. The Project Accountant will be responsible for financial aspects of ECODIT’s operations, including bookkeeping, cost tracking, invoicing to clients, and project finance management. The Project Accountant will report to and support the Finance and Office Manager as needed. This position offers an excellent opportunity for career development. Please note that while this position will include some basic accounting responsibilities, it does not require candidates to be a CPA.
- Maintain ECODIT’s financial accounts, including making entries, updating accounts, and other bookkeeping tasks;
- Manage and oversee project finances, including liaising with project finance staff, maintaining project records, and cost tracking;
- Preparing and reviewing invoices for submission to clients;
- Reconcile all accounts on a monthly basis;
- Review staff expense reports:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree, with background in business or accounting preferred;
- 5-7 years of experience with bookkeeping and financial responsibilities;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Programs;
- Prior experience with and proficiency with QuickBooks;
- Previous experience working on with USAID/USAID projects a plus;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Sound judgment and initiative;
- Strong communication and writing skills; and
- Ability to thrive in a small business work environment
This position offers an excellent opportunity for professional and career development within a reputable small business poised for significant growth. Compensation is commensurate with background and experience. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV immediately. ECODIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only select candidates will be contacted; no phone calls or emails please.
About the Organization
ECODIT LLC is a leading international development firm with 23 years of experience working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world. A U.S. small business, the firm currently holds five USAID Global Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity contracts (IDIQs) in natural resources management (REPLACE), water (WADI), energy (Clean Energy IDIQ for Critical Priority Countries (CPCs) and non-CPCs), and urban and local governance (MCW IDIQ). Since its founding in 1993, ECODIT has provided more than $50 Million of professional services through more than 250 projects/contracts to diverse clients in more than 40 countries. More information is available at www.ecodit.com.