DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com.
DT Global is seeking an experienced Project Accountant who will be responsible for project cost accounting and revenue recognition related to the international field projects in their assigned portfolio. The Project Accountant works with field office personnel, home office operations staff, and project management staff to monitor projects for financial and contractual compliance and to ensure alignment with the established project budget. Work will also include resolving cost/budget/billing discrepancies for projects with Program Manager and Field Office Accountant.
- Prepare and review monthly and/or semi-monthly billing
- Review and book Project Finance Office Expense Reports
- Support Project Managers with F&A requests. Prepare and enter recurring and reversing journal entries.
- Reconcile all Project Bank Accounts, Advances and Taxes to the General Ledger, research unreconciled items
- Prepare audit schedules, reports and other financial data for internal/external auditors and departments as requested
- Setup and maintain files within the financial system
- Verify the proper distribution of charges to specific accounts and contracts
- Reconcile asset and liability accounts as needed. Prepare schedules for DCAA incurred cost submissions and participate in responding to requests
- Update and maintain accounts receivable aging schedules
- Perform month end and year-end closings
- Prepare and file sales and use tax returns and various other State tax returns as needed.
- Provide training and support to field accounting staff as needed
- Ensure that project expenditures are compliant with USAID regulations and matched with budget requirements
- Review and analyze financial reports; revenue, billing, indirect rate analysis; resolve and investigate any discrepancies
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and at least 5 years of job-related experience
- Must have strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Costpoint, Quicken, QuickBooks, and Excel
- Organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Overseas travel may be required (post COVID)
- Experience supporting USAID projects highly preferred
- Fluency in Arabic, French, or Spanish
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
About the Organization
DT Global, built on more than 50 years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development (GPD) Charitable Trust, applies ingenuity, evidence, and passion to everything we do. Grounded in decades of technical expertise and leadership around the world, we incorporate rigorous learning and assessment in our program design process to ensure that we stay on the cutting edge of thought leadership. Our technical experts work in partnership with communities and institutions to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that create sustainable change and improve people's lives. For more information please see www.dt-global.com.