The position is meant to enhance the Project Assistants’ experience and knowledge of programs in the assigned Practice Area, technical activities and new business. They will aid on daily tasks of the project coordinators/managers and manage their given tasks in project assistance, technical tasks and new business.
- Participate in management of field operations of field employees and consultants, including travel logistics, consultant and subcontractor invoices, travel advances and expenses, and support in securing visas and work permits.
- Communicate regularly with staff and consultants on administrative and logistics issues.
- Assist in tracking and maintaining organized records of activities under ongoing contracts.
- Review and edit program reports and deliverables, as needed.
- Assist in overseeing financial management of project budgets and reviewing monthly project expenditures and invoices to clients.
- Be familiar with administrative and financial compliance with USG regulations, including regular review of the USAID ADS, FAR, AIDAR to ensure compliance.
- Assist with review of project MEL plans as assigned.
- Assist with other technical tasks as assigned.
- Conduct desk studies and research MEL activities in country and overall country context for captures.
- Contribute to tasks related to the development of new proposals for USAID and other international development agencies.
Innovation, Data, and Technology:
- Participate in ideation campaigns and user testing.
- Serve as Idea Champion to move ideas forward through Innovation Process.
- Identify opportunities with project teams to integrate Innovation, Data, and Technology into work.
- Bachelor Degree, required.
- Prefer 1-2 years performing program operations for USAID and other donor-funded projects.
- Understanding or experience with knowledge and information platforms; and/or
- Experience with event management and/or organizational development.
- Interest in learning USAID procurement processes and USG regulations.
- Detail-oriented, skills in MS Excel.
- Can-do attitude able to think creatively to find solutions and balance numerous projects simultaneously.
- Required interest in MEL, qualitative and quantitative research methods, Global Health, or organizational learning.
- Willingness to travel to post-conflict environments.
- English required; knowledge of additional languages, is a plus.
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.