EnCompass LLC is currently seeking a Project Assistant to join our Evaluation Team, and to provide administrative support for various programs conducted in Washington, DC and internationally. We are looking for someone who is highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and can coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, and is interested in capacity strengthening approaches and programs in the international development arena, especially the technical area of evaluation.
The position is based at EnCompass Rockville, MD headquarters. The Project Assistant might also be expected to work from client sites in the Washington, DC metro area as needed.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Provide logistical and technical support to project activities, professional and organizational development facilitation, and large-scale multi-sectoral events.
- Arrange travel, hotels, visas and other necessary preparations for traveling team members.
- Support the development of assignment reports, materials for large events and technical documents. Draft, edit, and format course materials, course descriptions, documents, and reports.
- Onboard independent consultants; manage the consultant agreement and invoicing processes, ensure biodata information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Work closely with clients and participants in organizing programs and activities (e.g., maintaining up to date participant lists, drafting communications, sending welcome letters, responding to questions, etc.)
- Assist in creating and maintaining schedules and calendars for multiple contracts and course offerings, and for staff and consultants across contracts/projects
- Support finance department in processing consultant invoices, preparing billing, keeping track of training expenses, drafting consultant LOAs and the purchase and payment of products and service
- Maintain online tools to share information with staff and consultants, as well as updated information on the company server
- Support team and project coordination and operations, including scheduling and preparing for team meetings, attending Admin Team meetings, taking notes during meetings, and other team processes
- Support web-based learning, for example by serving in the role of producer for virtual sessions (training provided), sourcing photos, images, videos, and music based on specific criteria, and other related duties as assigned
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience providing administrative support to project teams
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Previous event planning and management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Experience with database management
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass LLC is a women-owned small business that offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation. EnCompass has a global and multicultural team of staff and consultants with deep expertise in a range of issues including health, HIV/AIDS, gender, democracy and governance, education, human rights, agriculture and food security.