Dexis is seeking Project Assistants to support the Global Health Program Cycle Improvement (GH Pro) Project. The Project Assistant will provide administrative, logistical, and meeting support. S/he will report to the Project Director and work with the Project Director, Deputy Director(s) and Program Manager(s), as designated and assigned. Duties will vary based on each Project Assistant’s interests and project needs.
- Updates and searches project databases
- Submits project reports to Development Experience Clearinghouse and manages a tracking spreadsheet for report submissions
- Creates, maintains, and updates consultant and assignment files
- Facilitates administrative closeout and write assignment summaries
- Maintain GH Pro’s Destination Dexis contribution each month
- Monitors space, laptops, flash drives, and other project resources; procures supplies as necessary
- Maintains project information trackers
- Other administrative support as required
- Drafts consulting agreements and country clearance travel requests
- Assists with securing travel arrangements, insurance, and visas for traveling consultants
- Conducts employment history verifications and reference checks
- Assists with recruitment in drafting and listing ads online, monitor recruitment applications, and follow-up with candidates
- Manages Salesforce/JobScience administration
- Provides administrative support to staff and consultants throughout their assignments (reviewing invoices, obtaining travel advances, assisting consultants in filling out paperwork, etc.)
- Coordinates and supports meetings held in project space: reserves meeting rooms and consultant workspace, arranges catering, manages set-up and clean up of consultant workspace and meeting rooms, and assists with preparation and copying of agendas, meeting notes, and other materials. Schedules DC and internationally-based interviews, coordinates and sets up conference calls
In addition, as time permits, there may be opportunities for the project assistant to manage GH Pro assignments or work closely with Program Managers to assist in managing assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master of Arts or Master of Public Health preferred
- Experience and/or familiarity with international development preferred
- 1-3 years in international development or project management
- Previous administrative experience, preferably with a USAID-funded project desired
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, skilled in setting priorities and meeting deadlines, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Works well independently and in teams; pro-active in anticipating work requirements and problem solving
- Mastery of word processing, spreadsheets, database use, and presentation software (Microsoft Office); and experience with using and researching the Internet
- Written and verbal fluency in English required; other foreign languages fluency is desirable
About the Organization
With over 15 years of experience, Dexis specializes in creating custom-tailored, adaptable, and effective international development solutions. Operating in over 70 countries, we support clients like the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), U.S. Department of State, Department of Defense, and other multilateral agencies. We are one of the fastest growing firms in international development and our staff report some of the highest levels of job satisfaction in our industry.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.