EnCompass LLC is seeking a Project Assistant to support the day-to-day management and administration of the USAID-funded Generate Results within Our Work (GROW) project. Through GROW, EnCompass LLC supports the USAID Center of Excellence on Democracy, Human Rights and Governance (DRG Center) to strengthen the capacity of its staff to lead high-quality learning events. The Project Assistant will provide management, administrative, and logistical support to Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) workstreams. Successful candidates will demonstrate experience in supporting complex projects with multiple, simultaneous activities, and have a positive attitude. The ideal candidate has experience or is passionate about democracy, human rights, governance, adult learning, learning technology, and leadership development. Experience with e-learning course development management is a plus.
The position is based at the EnCompass headquarters in Rockville, Maryland.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Support GROW TEL Workstream project coordination and operations, including scheduling and preparing for meetings, taking notes during meetings, and other activity processes
- Setup and maintain project tools to ensure timely delivery of tasks according to the defined timeline
- Support the production of project deliverables. This may include writing, editing, formatting, proofreading of Production Guide, and/or producing various virtual services in support of deliverable quality.
- Provide backstopping and support to TEL project activities
- Providing technical support/production for virtually facilitated events, typically on virtual platforms such as AdobeConnect, Google Hangouts, Bluejeans and Zoom
- Maintain and update project files in an organized and systematic way according to Encompass procedure
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned, including support to the GROW Design Workstream
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of experience
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience providing administrative support to project teams
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Previous production in virtual session and management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and the Google Suite, particularly Google Docs, Sheets, and Forms
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint, Trello and other database and project management
- Ability to work in an environment committed to appreciative, strengths-based approaches
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter at https://encompassworld.com/careers-and-consulting/.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.