Reference to be quoted in all your communications: Internal position - Project Assistant – Project management department
Project Assistant / Junior Project Manager profile
We invite candidates with a professional expertise corresponding to the criteria here listed to send us their motivation letter in English and French and an updated CV in English as soon as possible, via email: email@example.com
Candidates who do not meet the listed criteria kindly refrain from applying.
From our Brussels headquarters, the Project Assistant / Junior Project Manager is responsible for the management of development projects and technical assistance contracts funded by international donors worldwide.
In order to reinforce our implementation team, we are currently hiring Project Assistant / Junior Project Manager.
Required profile and professional expertise
- Master’s level degree;
- Fluent spoken and written French and English (obligatory). Other languages are an asset;
- Experience in managing contracts: dealing with issues (with clients & subcontractors), drafting and negotiating contracts and riders, etc.;
- Between 2 to 5 years of experience in an international environment. In the field of international project management is an advantage;
- Insight over the project funding procedures of some international aid agencies is an advantage;
- Solid understanding of basic accounting concepts and ability to follow the financial and operational aspects of our projects;
- Familiarity with development consulting is an asset;
- Sharp and mentally agile, having an eye for details;
- Planning and organization skills;
- Highly success oriented, problem-solving and resistant to stressful situations;
- Dynamic, flexible, motivated team player, open-minded;
- Computer literacy (in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint), previous experience with Office 365 is an asset;
- Available for travel to developing countries and/or post-conflict countries, if necessary;
- Applicants must hold a valid Belgian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU.
- a permanent contract;
- a group hospitalization plan;
- meal tickets;
- 13th month salary according to the Belgian system.
- Partial public transport reimbursement
We thank candidates in their interest in Transtec. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will be able to get back only to shortlisted candidates. Thank you in advance for your comprehension.
About the Organization
Transtec is a Belgian certified international development company active for more than 35 years in the implementation of projects and programmes funded under the Official Development Assistance (ODA).
Transtec provides a full range of technical and consulting services on projects and programmes funded by the United Nations, the European Union, the World Bank, the African Development Bank, Bilateral Agencies including the UK Department for International Development (DfID), the Belgian Technical Cooperation (BTC), the French Agency for Development (AFD), Global Affairs Canada, the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Swedish International Development Cooperation (SIDA), the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the aid and development agency of the government of Luxembourg (Luxdev), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCA), and others.
Our mission is to contribute effectively to good governance, including the improvement of the performance and decision-making process in the public and private sector.