Job DescriptionRTI’s International Education Division is supporting education development around the world by strengthening education policy, management and practice to achieve measurable improvement in teaching and learning. From our well-established reputation in education system strengthening, to innovative work in early grade assessment and learning, RTI is improving education quality, relevance and efficiency through implementation of projects funded by USAID, DFID and other donors and clients.
RTI is currently accepting applications for the position of Project Associate to support our work in International Education. The Project Associate will be responsible for a wide range of administrative and technical project and proposal tasks. When not supporting on project work, the Project Associate will work on tasks in support of RTI•s international education program, and in all cases will work as a member of the education team and in support of the program•s goals. Location preference for this position is Research Triangle Park, NC, but Washington DC will be considered. Position may require international travel.
• Support daily project and team activities including managing the calendars, agendas, logistics, and meeting notes for project and or technical unit meetings and events.
• Maintain project files on shared drives and SharePoint.
• Process consultant requests and assemble salary history documentation for rate determination by Project Managers.
• Review consultant invoices and work with accounts payable to ensure on time payment.
• Prepare requests for travel advances.
• Draft summary of travel approval and consultant requests for Contract Specialist submission to client.
• Support engagement of subcontractors and/or grantees by assisting with collecting necessary documentation and preparing subcontract requests.
• Perform initial subcontractor invoice review for management review and approval.
• Under supervision of Project Managers and Coordinators, create project cheat sheets with key funding, contractual and technical information.
• Perform discrete tasks on projects and or proposal development efforts under the supervision of other Project Management staff.
• Work with Project Coordinators to track completed/approved deliverables across a project portfolio, especially those required for DEC and/or website, and keep lead editor and project website manager informed.
• Monitor project abstracts in online system and help technical staff update those for active task orders at least 2x/year [for cross-task information and proposals]
• Solicit and manage photos, descriptions, credits, and other • to be used for website, project archive, and annual reports.
• Prepare summary of years of experience, qualifications, SOW and salary for proposed new project staff members and consultants for labor category assignments as needed
• Assist in updating project assessment trackers.
• Support budget planning, consult with field offices, partners, and project team•s members to support improved forecasting.
• Support monthly project expenditure review and facilitate correcting costs at the guidance of a Project Manager or Coordinator if needed based on allowability, allocability.
• Support property tracking in RTI•s asset management system, work with project teams to ensure information in the system is up to date.
• This position is expected to support projects 80% of the time, proposals 10%, and other tasks as required would be 10%.
• Bachelor•s degree in international development, education or relevant discipline and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. Master•s Degree strongly preferred.
• Experience supporting international development projects, particularly funded by USAID, strongly preferred.
• Experience supporting proposals, particularly for international donors a plus.
• Critical thinker, able to identify issues and opportunities, provide solutions and reach consensus with multiple stakeholders.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills in English.
• Proven excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) desirable.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines under pressure.
• Excellent soft skills, including include strong interpersonal and communication skills, a problem-solving attitude, and being a self-starter who works both independently and as a collaborative team player.
• Language skills in French, Arabic or Spanish highly desirable.
• Prior experience working, studying, or traveling in developing countries a plus.
About the OrganizationIDG International Education