SEGURA Consulting LLC (http://www.segura-co.net) is an international consulting firm specializing in advisory services to public and private sector clients in emerging markets around the globe. SEGURA is seeking a Project Associate to join its office in Rockville, Maryland. This entry-level/junior position will support project implementation for current and future international development projects, working closely with both project operations and finance/accounting personnel.
- Liaise with project staff, consultants, and other contractors about day-to-day project operations
- Collect and verify timesheets and expense reports for consultants and staff, in compliance with applicable policies and regulations
- Assist with budget preparation and tracking for both specific tasks and overall project management
- Prepare and submit monthly project invoices to clients.
- Help with development and strategic planning for annual workplans and other periodic reports
- Support project travel, including reservations and preparation of travel authorization documents
- Review project deliverables, including editing and compliance with branding requirements
- Contribute to the development of project-related informative and marketing materials and tools (e.g. brochures, social media, newsletters)
- Provide logistical support to project personnel for meetings, conferences, and other events
- Offer backstopping assistance as needed to Project Managers and firm management, including business development (e.g. proposal preparation, recruiting, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Current authorization to work in the United States.
- Strong expertise with budgets and financial data, including ability to perform basic analyses on project and event budgets
- Team player, with openness to assist other personnel and try new tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, including issue-spotting and critical thinking
- Solid written and oral communication abilities, including professional fluency in English
- High degree of professionalism and willingness to learn
- Command of Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, and Power Point in particular
- Experience with USAID projects or other international development projects
- Experience or knowledge in one or more of the following global development areas: economic growth, infrastructure and environment (energy and water), governance and institutional reform, monitoring and evaluation
- Fluency in a second language, with preference for Spanish, French, or Arabic
SEGURA is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We encourage applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds to join our small, close-knit team. No relocation expenses will be paid.
If interested, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “SEGURA – PA” in the subject line.
About the Organization
SEGURA Consulting LLC is an international consulting firm, specializing in advisory services to public and private sector clients in emerging markets around the globe. Combining the experience of senior professionals from a variety of backgrounds, the firm delivers high quality consulting and project implementation support to address the needs of government and business in developing countries.
We are based in the Washington DC metropolitan area, with easy access to US Government agencies, international organizations, major research centers, think tanks and universities, as well as diplomatic and commercial delegations from all over the world.
We believe in professionalism, client service, fairness and integrity. We provide our clients with honest advice and dedicated support to jointly achieve effective results. We seek to develop long-term professional relationships based on mutual trust and respect.