RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute providing research, development, and technical services to government and commercial clients worldwide. The Food Security and Agriculture (FS&Ag) Division within the International Development Group is seeking a Project Associate to support our work in food security, market systems, nutrition, and early childhood development.?The successful candidate will provide entry-level operational and technical support in all aspects of home office project management and implementation and support business development for the division.
The position will support several projects in the division focusing primarily on the Kenya Nawiri, Cambodia Integrated Early Childhood Development Activity, and an anticipated agricultural value chain project in Mali, but may be assigned to support other projects and business development efforts as needed.Responsibilities:
- Provide project management and operational support to projects and project management teams ensuring effectiveness and compliance.
- Develop and maintain project management schedules, project work plans, and other general project management resources.
- Perform budget formulation, monitoring and reporting support.
- Support cost performance monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure accurate and compliant record keeping and administration performance.
- Provide general project management reporting to project management teams.
- Provide technical assistance support to projects as defined by the Project Manager.
- Support procurement of goods and services by ensuring compliance with client requirements and processing requests as needed.
- Support grantee and subcontractor monitoring by tracking obligations, spending and deliverables. Review invoices and supporting documentation.
- Liaise and coordinate technical support services from Project Management Support Office and other business partners as appropriate.
- Monitor and lead correction process to ensure project documentation, deliverables and data are maintained consistently in accordance with policies and standards.
- Prepares meeting agendas, captures notes, and tracks project communications.
- Provide travel support for employees and consultants by facilitating travel authorizations, travel logistics, expense reporting and processing.
- Support business and proposal development needs of the assigned program as directed by the Portfolio Manager.
- Perform other program, proposal, and/or project support duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, international relations, economics, political science, business, or related field with some relevant experience.
- Interest in agriculture, food security, nutrition or similar areas in an international context.
- Proficient administrative support skills and abilities.
- Proficiency in French.
- Ability to work across technical and operational areas within business group.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge and proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Solid ability in communication (verbal and written).
- Good interpersonal skills and ability.
- Ability to manage and support complex and geographically disparate portfolios.
- Ability to partner and provide excellent support service.
- Culturally sensitive and respectful.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Experience in project administration in international development.
- Experience working with contracts or cooperative agreements funded by USAID or other international aid donors.
- Understanding of USAID rules and regulations including 2CFR200; FAR and AIDAR.
- Experience managing budgets. Ability to operate across multiple time zones and in a virtual format, and digital literacy.
- Willingness to travel to difficult environments, including conflict zones.
- Experience working and/or volunteering overseas.
- Additional language skills.