TRG is seeking a highly-motivated and dynamic individual to serve as a Project Associate supporting a multi-faceted, fast paced USG funded initiative that will provide learning, knowledge management, organizational development, and communications services for a large international development agency working in the education sector. This position will provide administrative, logistical and coordination support for four activity work streams; therefore candidates must be able to prioritize tasks and work effectively both independently as well as within a team structure. The project’s success is contingent upon an integrative and collaborative implementation approach across work streams and with team members.
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with project managers and portfolio managers to provide logistics, coordination, and administrative support across the project’s four work streams.
• Provide planning, coordination and logistical support for meetings, events, trainings, and workshops.
• Provide on-site support at project events, including note-taking, administrative assistance, room set up and preparation, catering, and audio/visual equipment set up.
• Represent the project at meetings, trainings and other events and serve as a client resource.
• Provide copy editing and formatting support on project documents such as reports, meeting/event summaries, and presentation materials.
• Assist in the development of work stream materials and content that reflect the needs and feel of the client and enhance learning effectiveness.
• Contribute to the development of presentation materials that assist with the overall scope of a project and are visually engaging.
• Review and submit personnel expense reports, prepare purchase order requests, and process vendor invoices.
• Manage project documentation; ensure that relevant documents are organized and filed on the shared drive.
• Manage project office supplies for team and for project events and meetings.
• Troubleshoot and maintain project equipment such as copier, LCD screen, etc.
• Maintain project non-expendable equipment inventory.
• Provide logistics and coordination support for webinars and other on-line learning events.
• Demonstrate qualities and values of employee ownership by providing the highest level of customer service to the organization and to TRG clients, including participation in staff meetings, annual retreats, and other TRG events and volunteering on TRG committees and workgroups.
• Other duties as needed.
Qualifications, Abilities, and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 2 years of experience in a professional office setting; or a Master’s degree in a related field with some internship and/or volunteer experience.
• Studies or work experience in International Development/Affairs or Public Affairs/Policy and/or Organizational Development, Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or related fields.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Effective organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly summarize or articulate complex issues and structure clear, concise written documents.
• Ability to pivot skillfully between multiple tasks.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities with professionalism and collegiality.
• Commitment to timeliness and responsiveness.
• Ability to and serve as a liaison among different functions within TRG as well as with the client.
• Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Ability to work collaboratively with team members.
• Demonstrated track record of success supporting small to mid-sized project teams in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
• Experience planning and coordinating medium to large scale events.
• Experience with and/or knowledge of innovative learning platforms such as Adobe Connect, WebEx, survey tools, etc.
• Experience with and/or knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or equivalent graphics editing program.
• Prior experience working with USAID or on USAID-funded contracts.
• Experience adding and editing content on websites built on Drupal or Wordpress.
• Experience, or interest, in global education programs.
• Event planning and management experience.
TRG is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability.