ECODIT is currently seeking an experienced Project Associate to provide support to the Communications, Evidence, and Learning (CEL) project through close collaboration with the CEL Chief of Party, OD/Training Consultant staff, and Operations Manager. The Project Associate will provide administrative, communication, and logistical support to the project and must be able to prioritize tasks and work effectively, both independently as well as within a team structure.
The Communications, Evidence, and Learning (CEL) project is designed to assist USAID’s Land & Urban office in meeting its objectives to create, expand, disseminate, and support the application of evidence-based knowledge in two fields: land tenure, property rights, and resource governance; and urban development, urban-based programming, sustainable cities, and local sustainability. The CEL project will support USAID staff, and the broader development community in the fields of communications, training, knowledge management, learning, as well as evaluation related to key issues of land rights and urban services.
The Project Associate will be based in Arlington, VA and will report to the CEL Chief of Party.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
High Quality Client Product Development
- Assist the Communications Team to produce various communications products to include:
- PowerPoints and other presentations
- Provide writing, copy editing and proofreading support for marketing copy and other communications content, using word processing software to create, format and update documents.
- Provide research assistance and draft content for print communications products, websites, and social media.
- Develop and manage production calendars/timelines.
- Develop edit trackers and ensure all requested edits are incorporated at each step in the revision process.
- Assist with all aspects of video creation, including pre- and post-production.
- Develop mockups and wireframes to quickly illustrate potential ideas.
- Research and organize photos for use in publications and materials.
- Coordinate and oversee printing and other production of materials.
- Provide support uploading, updating and completing QA/QC of website content.
- Provide M&E data collection and analysis support.
Client Support (support the Sr. Communications Advisors to)
- Act as a communication liaison between CEL team members and USAID clients.
- Schedule meetings and interviews.
- Attend client workshops and meetings.
- Take meeting notes and develop accurate summaries.
- Create work plans with clients.
- Contribute to problem solving and conceptualization of client meetings and events.
- Develop and support maintenance of contact database.
- Coordinate with CEL team members, clients, and vendors to plan logistics for off-site events.
- Provide on-site services including administrative assistance, and small group and focus group facilitation.
- Manage venue sales and catering staff.
- General Operations Services—Help manage the day-to-day operations of TRG and provide the highest level of administrative and customer service to the organization. Specifically: Participate in staff meetings, board meetings, annual retreats and other company events. volunteer to serve on TRG committees and work groups as appropriate.
Qualifications, Abilities, and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 4-year college degree in a related specialized field of study such as Communications, International Development, or Environment (land, urban, sustainability, or related field.).
- 1-2 years of experience in supporting broad-based communications efforts (online, print, events, etc.).
- Experience developing, implementing, and monitoring social media tool kits.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to use discretion and make decisions independently.
- Self-motivation and creativity.
- Familiarity with Associated Press (AP) writing style; preferably writing in a professional environment
- Web content management
- Some graphic design skills, preferably experience working with Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Prior experience with USAID or USAID contracts.
- Experience with webinar platforms such as Adobe Connect or GoToMeeting.
- Basic knowledge of video editing/screencast editing.
- Familiarity with environment and natural resource management issues.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with resume using the “Apply Now” button above. Samples of relevant and recent work may also be included. Compensation is commensurate with background and experience. ECODIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only select candidates will be contacted; no phone calls please.
About the Organization
ECODIT LLC is a leading international development firm with 24 years of experience working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world. A U.S. small business, the firm currently holds five USAID Global Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity contracts (IDIQs) in natural resources management (REPLACE), water (WADI), energy (Clean Energy IDIQ for Critical Priority Countries (CPCs) and non-CPCs), and urban and local governance (MCW IDIQ). Since 1997, ECODIT has managed multiple complex, multi-year multi-million dollar USAID-funded projects in the clean energy, water, environment and rural tourism sectors, as well as dozens of short-term, rapid-turnaround assignments in nearly 50 developing countries in all regions of the world. More information is available at www.ecodit.com.