Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
The Project Associate provides program management support to projects with Department of State in Dexis’ Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) division. Dexis’ MEL division provides analytical services across multiple sectors. Our contracts with the Department of State focus specifically on monitoring and evaluation of security sector assistance programs across multiple bureaus. This role involves direct client and partner relationships; high quality project management, including financial management and contract compliance; and market analysis support to new business opportunities. The Project Associate is expected to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators and co-workers in both Dexis home office and client sites.
- Provides support across the areas of State Department project management, business development, and technical backstopping.
- Provides general project operations assistance to project technical staff and backstops projects /country programs in the MEL division on a regular basis through e-mail and phone calls.
- Provides scheduled and ad-hoc financial and/or budget reports. Drafts and finalizes reports for project quarterly, annual and close-out reports for internal and external use.
- Compiles, analyzes, and summarizes financial and project operational data using various database programs for inclusion in reports or presentation materials.
- Recruits, screens, and onboards project staff and consultants
- Maintains filing system for project administrative, financial, and technical documents in Dexis knowledge management systems.
- Leads capture of new opportunities, writes sections of proposals, and recruits and interviews potential candidates.
- Provides technical backstopping including conducting literature reviews, reviewing evaluation reports for accuracy and completeness, and developing data collection tools for project assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluent English speaker, professional proficiency in Spanish or French preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, international relations, or related field required.
- 1-2 years of project planning and budget control experience
- Experience working on applied research and project monitoring and evaluation
- Experience with Department of Defense or State Department projects highly desirable.
- Prior experience with business development highly preferable.
- Strong analytical, financial, quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent writing, editing and research skills are required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret clearance or clearance already in hand
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Products.
About the Organization
Winner of the 2014 Small Business of the Year at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and working in nearly 90 countries in FY 2015 for USAID and the Department of State, Dexis supports US federal agencies in the areas of program monitoring and evaluation, program learning, and program support. We are not only one of the fastest growing firms in international development, we are rated among the highest among our peers on employee-reviewed sites.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.