Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
The Research for Effective Education Programming (REEP) – Africa project aims to provide the USAID Africa Bureau, overseas Missions, and partner organizations, with concrete research contributions on USAID education initiatives to inform evidence-based investment, decision-making and the prioritization of needs. REEP will contribute to USAID’s education aims in Africa by providing technical and advisory services focused on research and capacity building, intended to enhance the quality and effectiveness of USAID activities.
The REEP Project Associate provides project management and technical support for the project. This role entails direct client and partner relationships and high-quality project management, including financial management and contract compliance. The Project Associate is expected to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators and co-workers in both Dexis home office and client sites.
- Provides support for REEP in project management and technical backstopping.
- Provides scheduled and ad-hoc financial and/or budget reports. Drafts and finalizes project quarterly, annual and close-out reports for internal and external use.
- Compiles, analyzes, and summarizes financial and project operational data using various database programs for inclusion in reports or presentation materials.
- Recruits, screens, and onboards project staff and consultants.
- Maintains filing system for project administrative, financial, and technical documents in Dexis knowledge management systems.
- Provides technical backstopping including conducting literature reviews, organizing and maintaining citations, and reviewing reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluent English speaker
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, international education or related field required.
- 1-2 years of project planning and budget control experience
- Experience conducting and contributing to research
- Experience with USAID or State Department projects highly desirable.
- Strong analytical, financial, quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent writing, editing and research skills are required.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Products.
About the Organization
Winner of the 2014 Small Business of the Year at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and working in nearly 90 countries in FY 2015 for USAID and the Department of State, Dexis supports US federal agencies in the areas of program monitoring and evaluation, program learning, and program support. We are not only one of the fastest growing firms in international development, we are rated among the highest among our peers on employee-reviewed sites.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.