Job DescriptionJob Summary:• Provide mid to advance level operational support and technical assistance in all aspects of Home Office project management and implementation. Successful applicant is expected to provide support to a project based in Somalia.
• Provide advanced operational support to projects and project management teams.
• Develop and maintain project management schedules, project work plans, and other general project management resources.
• Perform budget formulation, monitoring and reporting support.
• Support cost performance monitoring and reporting.
• Ensure accurate and compliant record keeping and administration performance.
• Provide general project management reporting to project management teams.
• Liaise and coordinate support services from business partners as appropriate.
• Liaise with technical specialists in coordination of technical development and support to projects.
• Monitor and lead correction process to ensure project documentation, deliverables and data are maintained consistently in accordance with policies and standards.
• Take lead responsibilities on specific project phases to include Project Start Up, Close Out, managing sub-contractors, etc.
• May engage with Project Leadership in the definition and execution of project activities and development of plans and schedules.
• Collaborate with Project Management team to identify and manage risks.
• Provide technical assistance and support to projects as defined by the Project Manager.
• Support conference planning and logistics
• Perform business and proposal development needs as assigned.
• May perform Project Manager role per IDG PMI for part of assigned portfolio as directed.
• Perform business and proposal development needs of the assigned program as directed.
• Perform other Program and project duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education & Experience: Bachelor•s Degree in relevant social science or related field and 6 years of related work experience; or Master•s Degree in relevant social science or related field and 4 years of related work experience; or Ph.D in relevant social science or related field and related work experience.
Skills & Abilities:
• Advanced proficiency in administrative and operational support skills and abilities.•
• Advanced knowledge in project management in international development.•
• Knowledge and experience with applicable technical area.•
• Proven ability to work across technical and operational areas within business group.
• Advanced knowledge and skill with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
• Excellent ability in communication (verbal and written).
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability.•
• Proven ability to manage and support complex and geographically disparate portfolios.•
• Strong ability to partner and influence.•
• Proficiency in French, Spanish and/or Arabic preferred
• Must be willing to travel to Somalia in addition to other international and domestic travel as assigned, up to approximately 40%
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time; operating a computer and other office machinery; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between offices and laboratories; frequently conducting laboratory site inspections (if applicable), ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines, ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week as workload and deadlines may require, consistent demonstration of mental stability and ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
About the OrganizationIDG Food & Agriculture