University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Division & Project Overview:
URC has received a contract from the Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) to improve maternal and child health in Guyana.
The project is managed by URC’s Quality and Performance Institute (QPI). Through QPI, URC has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Project Coordinator will participate as part of URC’s QPI team fulfilling work requirements for the project as outlined below. Reporting to the Manager for Finance and Administration of QPI, under the technical supervision of the Senior Advisors in the Chevy Chase office. The Guyana Project Coordinator position is a half-time position. The other half will be used to support the other projects in QPI. The position’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with field staff, HQ staff, and provide other support as needed by the senior technical and management staff.
- Track and monitor project expenses, review and process monthly field reports (financial and narrative), prepare and analyze quarterly financial reports, and assist in preparing, monitoring, and realigning budgets (candidate must be very comfortable working with Excel). And learn to use URC’s Financial Management Tool (FMT)
- Assist in preparation of reports and project deliverables which includes editing, proofreading, and/or translating.
- Assist in logistics and other preparations for meetings, conferences, and other presentations. Assist in data processing, including developing graphs and other presentations of data and findings.
- Coordinate project activities with subcontractors and collaborative organizations, and prepare for meetings and presentation of project activities.
- Track and oversee project activities while coordinating support.
- Coordinate the administrative and financial communications with project staff in the field and headquarters in support of and liaising closely with the Directors in charge of the QPI global initiatives and the administrative team at HQ.
- Provide programmatic, administrative and technical work as assigned.
- This is a fixed-term position through October 2020.
- Bachelors in Public Health, Health Communications, Promotion, or related field with 3-5 years of experience. Or a Masters degree in Public Health, Health Communication, or related field with 2 – 4 years of experience.
- Knowledge or experience with global health is highly preferred; familiarity with infectious disease prevention programs a plus.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams.
- Track record of being able to produce work in a timely manner with flexibility when necessary to adapt to changing work conditions.
- Experience in Guyana is highly preferable.
- Administrative and/or Finance and/or USAID-Contracting experience
- Fluency in English is required.
- Excellent writing skills and interpersonal skills. A recent unedited writing sample may be requested.
- Strong data collection and data analysis skills required.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Exposure to improvement concepts and tools is a plus.
- Experience working with mid-to-low resource countries including data collection, analysis and report writing.
- Ability and willingness to travel for 2 to 3 weeks at a time to developing countries.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
About the Organization
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
Position is Contingent upon Award
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.