EnCompass LLC is currently seeking a Project Coordinator to support the Capacity Strengthening team. We are looking for someone who is highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and can coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
The Project Coordinator provides support for the assessment, planning, delivery, and evaluation of various capacity strengthening programs for U.S. government agencies, and private and public-sector organizations. The primary responsibility of the Project Coordinator is to ensure that EnCompass delivers the highest quality of work in response to client needs and contract deliverables, within budget and on time. The Project Coordinator effectively coordinates diverse teams, facilitates sessions with clients, and manages work plans and budgets. This is a full-time position based out of EnCompass’ headquarters in Rockville, MD and reports to the Training Specialist.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Coordinate logistical and technical support for project activities, professional and organizational development facilitation, and large-scale multi-sectoral events.
- Arrange travel, hotels, visas and other necessary preparations for traveling team members.
- Create and maintain course schedules and calendars for multiple contracts and course offerings, and for staff and consultants across contracts/projects
- Work closely with clients and participants in organizing programs (e.g., maintaining up to date participant lists, drafting communications, sending welcome letters, responding to questions, etc.)
- Support the production of project deliverables, materials and reports. This may include writing, editing, proofreading, and/or coordinating support services; support the process of ensuring the quality of project deliverables
- Support finance department in processing consultant invoices, preparing billing, keeping track of training expenses, drafting consultant contracts and the purchase and payment of products and services
- Maintain project records, project related knowledge management, and disseminate information about project results to internal teams as well as providing this information to other teams as requested
- Maintain online tools to share information with staff and consultants, as well as updated information on the company server
- Support team coordination and operations, including leading the scheduling and preparation for team meetings, agendas, taking notes during meetings, and other team processes
- Support tracking processes to ensure that assignments proceed according to schedule and follow contractual requirements
- Support web-based learning, by serving in the role of producer for virtual sessions (training provided), sourcing photos, images, videos, and music based on specific criteria, and other related duties as assigned
- Support Business Development activities as appropriate.
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing support to other team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience providing administrative support to project teams
- Degree in Political Science, International Development, International Affairs, Adult Education, Leadership, Organizational Development or a related field.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of three years of project coordination experience
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Previous event planning and management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, database management, and web-based programs
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Experience/knowledge/skills with blended learning, vILT and other learning technologies
- Experience working with international organizations, including the UN, U.S. Government, NGOs, and the private sector
- Knowledge of the principles of learning including adult learning, participatory methods, instructional design, whole systems design, e-learning and related topics
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass LLC is a women-owned small business that offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation. EnCompass has a global and multicultural team of staff and consultants with deep expertise in a range of issues including health, HIV/AIDS, gender, democracy and governance, education, human rights, agriculture and food security.