Local National Employee
The Project Coordinator will provide project activity support to the IFES-Egypt field office.
- Work closely with the Senior Project Officer and other IFES staff to provide support to all IFES project activities in Egypt.
- Remain informed and up to date on all electoral processes in Egypt, areas of electoral importance, and institutions involved in election administration through review of newspapers and other sources.
- Participate in tracking and following up on all IFES activities conducted in cooperation with various governmental, semi-governmental and non-governmental stakeholders.
- Assist in drafting programmatic Requests for Proposals and Request for Quotations.
- Assist in drafting Scopes of Work and selection memos for consultants and sub-contractors as necessary.
- Provide research assistance for the drafting of various policy and briefing papers issued by IFES.
- Provide administrative and programmatic assistance in the implementation of IFES workshops and activities.
- Write briefings and proceedings reports related to all events conducted exclusively by IFES or any of its partners through an IFES fund.
- Supervise the quality of translation from English to Arabic and from Arabic to English.
- Assist the Operations team in completion of all logistical requirements for program related events.
- Maintain a database of contacts comprising main stakeholders, partners and donors.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision;
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public administration or a related field.
- MA in a related field is desirable.
- 2 years experience in development projects. Previous experience with USAID funded projects or other international organizations is preferred.
- Ability to coordinate with partners and organizations.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Financial background is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, including working level proficiency in Word and Excel.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Proficiency in English and Arabic language required.
Apply at :https://www.vs4.vscyberhosting.com/ifes/?adata=ED%2fAZhwqzcuNaxUnyiU7iMAhFzvVn%2f8rkWe2fFRwPluXIJDg1HN%2fi9Hj2ZrOVmqneUIwQZRZSY7atJnFBHCRtFbm6LXO16Sk6%2blOUoquB%2bKygYDGcGWhSwT6oGYO3nWmf%2bRopynoJfrV7vkNBTjz6yaJvDOaUsP6L7104MryhClqJxgQk7jGPi6nwOIOJs5WTdQwi98eDB9g6BR8%2fqfGa%2f4%3d
About the Organization
Vision: Our vision is a world in which strong democratic institutions empower citizens to have a voice in the way they are governed.
Mission: The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports citizens’ rights to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions.
As the global leader in democracy promotion, we advance good governance and democratic rights by:
- Providing technical assistance to election officials
- Empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process
- Applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle
Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries – from developing democracies, to mature democracies.