EnCompass LLC is currently seeking a Project Coordinator (PC) to provide administrative support for the Learning and Leadership Development team. The PC will provide support for projects conducted in Washington, DC and internationally. We are looking for someone who is highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and capable of coordinating multiple projects simultaneously. The appropriate candidate is interested in adult learning, learning technology, and leadership development. Experience with programs in the international development arena, including the technical areas of learning and facilitation is essential.
The position is based at EnCompass headquarters, in Rockville, MD. The Project Coordinator will be expected to work from client sites in the Washington, DC metro area as needed.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Support team and project coordination and operations, including scheduling and preparing for team meetings, attending Admin Team meetings, taking notes during meetings, and other team processes.
- Setup and maintain project tools to ensure timely delivery of tasks according to the defined timeline.
- Support the production of project deliverables. This may include writing, editing, formatting, proofreading, and/or coordinating various services in support of deliverable quality.
- Provide backstopping and support to project activities, facilitation, and large-scale events.
- Draft, edit, and format course materials, course descriptions, documents, and reports, as needed.
- Arrange travel, hotels, visas and other necessary preparations for traveling team members and monitor progress during team travel.
- Review expense reports and travel expenses.
- Work closely with clients and participants in organizing programs and activities (e.g., maintaining up to date participant lists, drafting communications, sending welcome letters, responding to questions, etc.)
- Provide logistic support for workshops (scheduling rooms, purchasing supplies, shipping materials, setting up room, and so on).
- Providing technical support/production for virtually facilitated events, typically on AdobeConnect or WebEx
- Maintain and update project files in an organized and systematic way according to Encompass procedure.
- Onboard independent consultants; manage the consultant agreement and invoicing processes, ensure biodata information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Assist in creating and maintaining schedules and calendars for multiple contracts and course offerings, and for staff and consultants across contracts/projects.
- Support the Finance team in processing consultant invoices, preparing billing, keeping track of expenses, drafting consultant letters of agreement (LOAs) and the purchase and payment of products and services.
- Maintain online tools to share information with staff and consultants, as well as updated information on the company server.
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 4 years of experience, with at least 2 years providing administrative support to project teams.
- Experience providing administrative and/or technical support to large, complex projects in a government or international/development environment.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Dynamic, energetic, solution oriented, critical thinker with a demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently, and work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a positive, appreciative culture
- Experience working in international development, preferably with a focus on learning or leadership development.
- Strong work ethic, proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact and collaborate with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Adobe Connect, WebEx or Zoom, and other project management tools such as Basecamp and Trello a plus.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass LLC is a women-owned small business that offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation. EnCompass has a global and multicultural team of staff and consultants with deep expertise in a range of issues including health, HIV/AIDS, gender, democracy and governance, education, human rights, agriculture and food security.