We are seeking a Project Coordinator (Resourcing) to join our Project Management Unit. Based in our London office, the Project Coordinator (Resourcing) will actively contribute to ensuring the delivery and effectiveness of the day-to-day running of MSP’s project coordination and resourcing activities.
A key focus of the position is to support resource management at corporate and project level. This includes assisting to identify, register and mobilise consultants, leading management of internal databases for consultants and project references, and managing travel and duty of care arrangements in support of teams, consultants and staff. Responsibilities include:
- Resourcing and recruitment: supporting the recruitment of freelance consultants, project staff and internal personnel.
- Consultant engagement and management: developing TORs, agreeing terms, drafting contracts and performance management of project personnel.
- Managing data: leading on the rollout of the database eRef database, data management for consultants and designing and implementing a knowledge management process.
- Travel and security: managing travel agents and supporting on travel arrangements for consultants and employees as well as ensuring a clear internal travel policy is in place.
This position is primarily office-based, but may occasionally involve travel to overseas project locations.
Candidates must have experience in office administration in a busy working environment and have university-level qualifications in a relevant discipline – e.g. human resource management and/or administration. They should: have experience with preparing contracts, preferably in a management consulting or similar working environment; have effective communications skills; have the ability to multitask and meeting strict deadlines, be a team player who is able to work effectively in small groups; be able and willing to be flexible about working hours as required; and, have practical IT skills including competencies with MS Office products and experience with internet research (search engines). An interest in the international development sector is desirable.
Fluency in English is essential, with other languages desirable. Candidates must also demonstrate they have the right to work in the UK.
About the Organization
Maxwell Stamp PLC (MSP) is a development consultancy firm that provides technical expertise and managerial oversight for the implementation of donor-funded development projects in both developing and transitional economies across the globe.
The central goal in all MSPs work in developing countries, is the promotion of broad based and pro-poor economic growth. Primarily our work is financed by the leading international development agencies including the World Bank, the UK Department for International Development and the European Commission.
MSP was established in 1959, since then the company has expanded into a global group and boasts experience in over 170 countries as well as offices in Dhaka, Nairobi, Abu Dhabi and Riyadh with project offices around the world.
MSP employs over 40 in-house staff, most of whom are technical consultants spread across the organisations four practice areas, which are:
- Public Sector Management (PSM)
- Human Development (HD)
- Livelihoods and Poverty Reduction (LPR)
- Economics and Finance (E&F)
- Infrastructure (in Abu Dhabi)
In addition to our technical practice areas, we also have a dedicated Project Management Unit (PMU), Project Support Unit (PSU), and Finance & Accounting Unit.