Project Director - Prevention of Mosquito-borne Diseases Through Vector Control IDIQ
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
Roles and Responsibilities
URC is seeking qualified candidates to lead a USAID IDIQ (indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract) to enhance USAID’s ability to plan, implement, provide technical assistance for, and monitor and evaluate critical vector control activities for the prevention of mosquito-borne diseases (including malaria, among others) in countries where USAID supports vector control efforts worldwide.
The IDIQ Director will serve as URC’s chief liaison to USAID and provide overall leadership for all technical aspects of the work performed under this contract. S/he will serve as URC’s principal subject matter expert and will manage all project staff. The IDIQ Director will continuously monitor all aspects of contract activities, and recommend adjustments when necessary. Specific responsibilities include:
- Respond to task order requests, and provide central management and oversight of task orders under this award, working collaboratively and often with USAID central and field project managers, technical officers, Contracting Officers, and meet and consult regularly with the IDIQ Contracting Officer’s Representative.
- Select, provide technical and administrative direction and guidance to, and place and support all technical experts carrying out technical requirements.
- Report to USAID technical and contract personnel in accordance with USAID reporting requirements.
- Ensure quality and control methods in a consistent and transparent manner for all contracted tasks and functions.
- Masters Degree in Entomology, Public Health, Environmental Science, or other relevant field.
- Minimum 12 years of experience with malaria or other-vector borne diseases.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in international development, preferably with USAID.
- Senior-level experience managing large projects. Experience with IDIQ management preferred.
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills.
About the Organization
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.