In your role as Project Director, you will lead large-scale, multi-million dollar global projects and use your deep subject matter expertise to advance industry practices in education, youth development, and social inclusion. You will lead an adept and agile team to implement project activities that contribute to project strategic goals and ensure high-quality and timely project deliverables. You will apply your strong supervisory and coaching skills to oversee project staff, and will organize and direct the development of work plans, budgets, and reports. You will foster excellent working relationships with project partners and subcontractors. As Project Director you will develop and maintain a strong network of relationships with clients, industry partners, and international development practitioners.
Your Principal Duties will include:
- Providing technical assistance and project management oversight in the areas of education, youth development, and social inclusion
- Supporting project activities aimed at building the evidence base and dissemination of innovations and best practices in education, youth development, and social inclusion
- Directing monitoring, research, and evaluation activities for assigned projects
- Overseeing knowledge management and learning activities, such as communities of practice, thematic working groups, and roundtables
- Leading the planning and delivery of various industry events and training activities
- A Masters’ degree or higher in international development, education, social development, international affairs, international relations, political science, public policy, public administration, monitoring and evaluation, or a related field. Ed.D. or Ph.D. preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ work experience in development with a focus on education, youth development, inclusion, or other similar subject area.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral fluency in English.
Our ideal candidates are:
- Experienced in leading complex projects.
- Experts in education, youth development, social inclusion or other related topic area.
- Experienced in convening collaborative learning network(s), consortia, or similar groups.
- Highly skilled in team management and supervision.
- Proficient in operations and financial management, including budget development and tracking and/or procurement.
- Experienced in developing work plans and managing staff and consultants to implement the plans.
- Proficient in another language such as Arabic, Spanish, or French.
- Experienced working with USG-supported projects and familiar with FAR and AIDAR.
Normal office environment. International and domestic travel is anticipated, up to 20% per year.
Submit resume and cover letter online through “Join Our Team” under the Contact section of www.makingcents.com. Applicants are encouraged to apply early as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
About the Organization
Making Cents is a results-driven women-owned small business founded on the principles of social entrepreneurship. Since our founding in 1999, we have been fostering human potential and promoting economic opportunities for disadvantaged populations around the world. We have implemented more than 130 projects in over 60 countries to date and are a trusted partner to public- and private-sector clients who benefit from our expertise and broad industry exposure.