Social Solutions International, Inc. seeks a Project Director to lead an anticipated 5-year project focusing on assisting the client with providing due diligence support services and social inclusion and women’s economic empowerment analysis worldwide.
This position is contingent on the award.
- Lead and manage the project, provide vision, and overall project leadership
- Provide technical leadership to ensure due diligence on integrating gender and social inclusion considerations into each stage of the client’s programming
- Lead economic analyses to quantify the impact of international development programs on women and marginalized groups
- Serve as the primary point of contact with client on the day-to-day activity implementation and management issues of the project
- Lead work planning activities and oversee all project management systems (finance, HR, procurement, administration, compliance) including all personnel/consultants assigned to the project
- Maintain productive working relationships with government officials, private sector actors, and other stakeholders
- Write/review high-quality analytical papers and reports
- Drive the achievement of program results by ensuring the provision of timely, relevant, high quality results
- Master’s Degree (minimum) in the social or policy sciences (economics highly preferred), development studies, or closely related field – PhD preferred
- 15+ years of experience (minimum) in a field directly relevant to international development
- Expertise in economic research design and implementation, and economic data analysis using state of the art methods
- Core expertise in one or more of the following technical areas: agriculture; education; energy/renewable energy; health; land and property rights; roads and transportation; water, sanitation, and irrigation; environmental and social performance; social inclusion (cross-cutting); trafficking in persons (TIP); and sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) (cross-cutting)
- Demonstrated experience in project and contract management, with demonstrated experience in all stages of a project cycle – from conceptual stage to implementation and closeout
- Demonstrated ability to access and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to understand economic and social inequalities, including those based on gender and knowledge of how such inequalities impact poverty reduction and economic growth
- Relevant project management experience in any corporation or organization
- Strong multi-cultural, inter-personal, and supervision skills
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communication skills
Social Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Organization
Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions), is a Hispanic- and woman-owned firm consulting firm dedicated to the creation of solutions to improve the health and well-being of underserved populations worldwide. Since 2005, we have worked in more than 70 countries to provide quality monitoring and evaluation; training and technical assistance; program development and implementation; and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization and were named the top USAID women-led business partner in 2018.