JSI is recruiting to fill multiple positions for anticipated global healthcare supply chain proposal(s). The anticipated project(s) will work to procure and deliver priority health products for a number of priority program areas (HIV/AIDS, diagnostics, malaria, family planning, and maternal and child health), improve the capacity of global health supply chains and enhance the ability of in-country supply chains to support end-user health commodity availability. The project(s) is/are expected to support countries to build resilient and sustainable supply chains which deliver high quality, life-saving pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to support the highest possible level of health and quality of life for all its citizens. If awarded, the project(s) are anticipated to start mid-2021. Positions are expected to be based in the Washington DC area.
The Project Director will be the primary point of contact with the US Government on overall project procedural and substantive matters. The Project Director bears primary responsibility for the success of the project.
- Provide overall technical, managerial and financial leadership, including managing partner relations and ensuring technical and management excellence,
- Represent the project to USAID, and other key stakeholders,
- Lead the development of project workplans and budgets,
- Ensure that project objectives and deliverables are being met within budget,
- Ensure that project management team is responsive to customer needs and requirements,
- Ensure coordinated and harmonized approaches across all health programs within the project, in particular for sustainability and self-reliance,
- Ensure compliance with corporate and donor rules and regulations,
- Identify opportunities for synergy and efficiency across task orders.
- At least ten years of experience as project director for development projects that implement at a global scale; some experience managing healthcare supply chain projects (any of procurement, global supply chain operations, and/or in-country supply chain systems strengthening required,
- Experience interacting with senior U.S. and foreign government officials, and other global stakeholders,
- Experience recruiting, forming, and successfully managing teams, and ensuring the quality of their products,
- Experience working in or supporting public health or supply chain programs in LMICs is desired,
- Some international travel required,
- A graduate degree in management, business, international development or public health
- Professional supply chain accreditation or certification an advantage.
Salary commensurate with experience.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.
Please read this notice entitled Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law, and this “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement.
About the Organization
John Snow, Inc., and our nonprofit JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., are public health management consulting and research organizations dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities in the US and around the Globe.
JSI's mission is to improve the health of underserved people and communities and to provide a place where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause.
For over 35 years, JSI and our affiliates have provided high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 106 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and more than 40 international offices, with more than 500 U.S.-based professionals and 1,600 host country staff.