World Vision, on behalf of the All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development partners (USAID, World Vision and the Australian Government) is searching for a strategic leader and visionary, committed to partnerships and unconventional ideas to improve literacy for the 330 million children that are unable to read or write. This leader will have expertise in human centered design, education technology innovations, and literacy in low-resource settings.
The Project Director (PD) position will lead and coordinate the Fund Management activities on behalf of the ACR GCD partners, as well as lead World Vision’s engagement in the ACR GCD partnership. This position also will guide the development of ACR GCD’s vision and strategy process with ACR GCD partners. In addition, the PD will have responsibility for supporting new funding and collaboration opportunities on behalf of, and in coordination with the ACR GCD partners. The position will have overall responsibility for the management of all agreed upon ACR GCD activities and relationships with the main partners and sub partners under this initiative. S/he will have responsibility for representing ACR GCD on behalf of the ACR GCD partners, including guiding and implementing a creative-externally focused communications strategy. The PD will be responsible for overall project planning and activities, functional supervision of WV Fund Manager team, budget monitoring, resource acquisition and management, and quality reporting to the ACR GCD partners. The PD shall have extensive experience in fostering and managing complex partnerships. The PD will work collaboratively with ACR GCD partner offices/missions and posts to accomplishment the agreed up on ACR GCD vision. In addition, the PD will help carry out World Vision’s Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work directly with senior leadership and ACR GCD Partners to identify and prioritize opportunities and risks associated with ACR GCD activities and initiatives.
- Confirm customer needs, conduct impact analysis, and propose project plans utilizing best-practice project management methods and tools.
- Engage WVUS staff and external consultants and contract staff as necessary to meet project resource requirements.
- Direct and manage work efforts of team members on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that work adheres to quality standards and is achieved by project deadlines.
- Track project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet client needs.
- Oversee and manage ACRGCD Partnership budget, ensuring that expenses remain within approved budget.
- Evaluate the ACR GCD and grants progress and results, and report them to ACR GCD Partner senior leadership, ensuring that changes to scope, budget, resources and risks are communicated in a timely way.
- Establish ACR GCD and subgrants management policies and procedures to improve project efficiency so that time, budget and resources are used wisely.
- Ensure that training occurs pertaining to the use of new or updated systems, policies, procedures, and/or best practices that result from the project.
- Supervise ACR GCD staff and hold regular staff meetings to update each other on the status of the Partnership and subgrants under management and mentor staff to ensure they develop and apply the skills and knowledge necessary to meet client expectations.
- May be asked to represent WVUS to the World Vision Partnership on Partnership-wide issues.
- May manage multiple activities simultaneously.
- Work collaboratively with team members when asked to serve as a member of a team.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes via regular reading of the WVUS Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective partnership cultivation and management skills
- Strategic, critical, yet innovative and visionary thinker
- Strong interpersonal and public relation skills
- Change management and coaching skills
- Familiarity of ACR GCD activities and programs is an add on
- Master’s degree is required.
- Work experience in a complex NGO environment, preferably managing major projects and initiatives; 7-10 years of relevant experience.
To Apply Online, please visit www.worldvision.org. Click on CAREERS, then click on WASHINGTON, DC, then click on INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS (US-BASED).
About the Organization
We are a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the root causes of poverty and injustice.
Working in nearly 100 countries around the world, we serve all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.