The purpose of the Global Health Training, Advisory, and Support Contract (GHTASC) is to advance USAID’s Bureau for Global Health’s mission by providing junior, mid-level, senior, and expert advisory and technical, administrative and operational, and training, professional development and organizational development institutional support contract services and resources. GHTASC will provide the professional services needed to support USAID’s strategic programs and collaborate with USAID offices to promote efficient and effective global health programming and operations.
**Please note: Only U.S. Citizens or U.S. permanent residents are eligible for this position**
The Project Director, located in Washington D.C., is expected to provide direction and leadership across the contract and serve as the primary point of contact for the USAID COR for all matters. This is a large contract that requires a candidate who has demonstrated commensurate leadership and management responsibilities. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strong management, communication and leadership skills, human resources expertise, experience with USAID contracting and knowledge of the global health sector. The Project Director will coordinate extensive contract staff providing technical, professional, operational and support staff in support of USAID’s Global Health programs. Note: This position is contingent upon award.
· Orchestrate the hiring, mobilization, performance management and continued staff development of upwards of 500 staff in the United States and globally in support of USAID’s Global Health portfolio.
· Establish essential relationships with USAID senior staff in Washington DC, Regional Bureaus (Africa, Asia, Middle East, Europe & Eurasia, Latin America & Caribbean), Regional Missions and Country Missions.
· Overall responsibility of the contract including quality control and reporting, and making decisions on behalf of MSI.
· Serve as the primary Point of Contact to USAID’s Contracting Officer Representative (COR).
· Oversee internal management of the project including overseeing a diverse project team, coordinating with subcontractors, managing a large budget and monitoring performance and quality.
· Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance required, active clearance preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in public health, human resource management, public administration or other relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
· 10+ years of demonstrated international development experience, with a primary focus on global health preferred.
· At least five years of management experience at the Director level or higher.
· Expertise in human resource functions, which may include recruitment, staff supervision and learning and development.
· The ability to travel as required.
· Knowledge of other languages advantageous.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.