Summary: Leads and manages the GPHS project to achieve its intended impact in strengthening quality SRHR service delivery (facility and community based) in humanitarian settings. Provides strategic leadership and managerial oversight of the administrative, programmatic, technical, and operational aspects of the GPHS project. Oversees the day-to-day work, including financial and budgetary oversight, timely implementation of activities, and stakeholder relationship management. Deploys staff and financial resources to achieve project targets. Positions Pathfinder as a leader in the field of humanitarian SRHR and as a successful partner in the development and cost-effective implementation of funded programs. Develops and maintains relationships with funding organizations and SRHR programs operating globally
Key Job Outcomes:
- Project Implementation: Ensures that project performance objectives and mandated deliverables such as technical activities, annual work plans and programmatic/financial/technical reports are carried out in a timely fashion, meet the highest quality standards and take into account the donor’s requirements and procedures.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plans: Leads and directs monitoring, evaluation and learning strategies, frameworks, plans and indicators to capture project performance and results. Leads a periodic implementation review process to monitor progress and to identify specific actions that may be needed to achieve expected results.
- Financial and Administrative Operations: Collaborates with project staff to establish and maintain the ongoing administrative and financial operations of project offices, and ensure compliance with Pathfinder International’s policy and contract provisions. Develops, monitors and revises budget pipeline and conducts monthly reviews to ensure accountability of all project activities as well as the accurate and timely reporting of finance deliverables.Manages funds and approve expenditures in accordance with Pathfinder International procedures, cost principles, and regulations.
- Contracts: Contracts with and manages local individuals/organizations for identified tasks according to regulations and procedures. Negotiates consultancy agreements and develops capacity of local partners in mandated program areas.
- Security Standards and Guidelines: Ensures that appropriate security standards, guidelines and procedures are established, maintained, updated regularly and adhered to by the staff in all project offices in compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Management and Supervision: Recruits, hires, develops and manages staff.
- Management Reports: Develops and presents timely financial, technical, and operations reports and updates on the project progress and documents project tools and achievements for communications materials such as the annual reports, brochures, and website updates.
- Brand Ambassador: Cultivates and strengthens positive, productive relationships with donors, regulatory agencies, partners, and governmental agencies to ensure that Pathfinder International is consistently viewed as an effective implementing partner in meeting and achieving project targets.
- Proposals: Leads in the planning stage to full submission, including the tasks of defining the project teams and roles, strategizing for technical proposals and approaches, defining partners, and developing budgets.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Country Specific Public Health System: Deep knowledge of humanitarian standards and practices. Deep knowledge of the political, social, economic, and cultural context of working globally. Mastery of knowledge of applicable US Government and other regulations and administrative procedures for humanitarian work globally.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Deep knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators, and the latest professional developments in SRHR, especially in reagrds to humanitarian settings.
- Proposal Development: Mastery of skills in proposal development from concept to full proposal, resource mobilization and budget management.
- Data Collection Methods: Mastery of knowledge in data integrity and collection methods.
- Job-Specific PC Applications: Proven ability to apply statistical software applications.
- Leadership and Management: Proven ability to lead, manage, and develop others within a matrix culture.
- Program and Project Planning and Management: Deep skills in designing, implementing and monitoring and evaluating humanitarian activities to fulfill performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities in the health sector.
- *Change Leadership***:** Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in managing change across a broad group of stakeholders in an inclusive manner.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills in French and English language
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others, including donor agencies and local partners, through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Presentation Skills: Proven ability to make presentations on results to small and large groups.
- Community Relations: Mastery of skills in facilitating working relationships between partners, government officials, and communities
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Commitment to humanitarian relief, family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to work with people from different cultures, ability thrive in a matrix organization, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in public health, social sciences, health systems, nursing administration, management, or a related advanced degree.
- 10 years of experience designing and implementing humanitarian health service delivery strengthening projects, with five of these years spent managing large, complex humanitarian aid projects while living in developing countries.
- Travel required (at least 35%)
- Cellular or desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
About the Organization
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.