Summary of Role
IntraHealth International seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Project Director for an upcoming USAID-funded New Partnerships Initiative (NPI) COVID-19 global project. The project’s purpose is to support USAID’s Journey to Self-Reliance strategy by strengthening the capacity of new and underutilized local entities such that they can become direct recipients of USG funding and are linked to national, regional and international networks. Program activities will focus on organizational capacity development and leveraging the roles of communities to strengthen and adapt existing community health platforms to support national policies and implementation plans for COVID-19 preparedness and response and continuity of existing primary healthcare services based on national guidelines and needs to create lasting structures for future response.
The Project Director will lead the project and is responsible for achieving the project’s vision and strategy, managing the project technical team, and establishing critical relationships with national and international partners, the donor, and other key stakeholders.
The Director has overall programmatic and fiscal responsibility for the project, including achieving project results, effectively communicating accomplishments, timely financial and programmatic reporting, and ensuring compliance with all US government and IntraHealth regulations.
Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
- Lead and direct the project team to develop and execute overall project strategy, as well as work plans and achievements of project results.
- Direct and monitor implementation of activities within the workplan, ensuring that activities are performed to a high professional standard, effectively implemented, and fulfill donor and the organization’s requirements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with project partners, USAID and other donors, local subawardees, local governments, and other stakeholders.
- Oversee all technical assistance activities under the program and ensure technical excellence at all times.
- Ensure the timely and complete submission of all performance reports and responses to donor requests for performance, success stories, and financial information for the program.
- Ensure compliance with all donor-related, organization’s, and program-specific policies.
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- Manage and supervise the work of program personnel, subcontractors, and grantees, with a focus on core results, achievement of work plan and targets, and timely implementation.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences, International Development, or related field with 10 years of project management experience (preferably 15), no less than 7 years of experience at the senior level.
- Experience in managing large and complex US Government-funded projects
- Demonstrated experience in project management and implementation of capacity building projects and/or health services, including strengthening civil society networks, developing civil society capacity, and supporting health service delivery initiatives
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary teams while developing a common vision
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of USAID policies and programs
- Experience recruiting, forming, and successfully managing teams and ensuring the quality of their outputs
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and international in scope
- Excellent management, communication, interpersonal, and organization skills are required
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed
- Travel domestically and internationally 10%-25% of the time
About the Organization
Why join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1