FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Project Director/Project Management Expert (PD/PME) for an anticipated economic development project in Tunisia.
Economic development in Tunisia has been characterized by significant regional imbalances, with fast-growing coastal regions juxtaposed with lagging backcountry regions. Despite high amounts of precipitation and strong agro-climatic potential, the North-West and Central-West of Tunisia remain underdeveloped, frequently because of regulations that hinder sustainable access to existing natural resources. This situation, combined with a lack of services and infrastructure, the remoteness of the regions, and limited access to markets, is the main long-standing obstacle to private investment and entrepreneurship, thus hindering the sustainable growth of these regions. The aim of the upcoming economic development project is to improve landscape management and increase access to economic opportunities for targeted communities in the North West and Central West regions of Tunisia.
The PD/PME will provide technical and methodological support to the project team to ensure the proper management of the various components and activities, particularly in the areas of planning (efficiency and realism), and monitoring and evaluation. He/she also will act as a Project Management Consultant to Ministry of Agriculture, Hydraulic Resources, and Fisheries personnel administering economic development funds.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred), in business administration, economics, international development, finance, public administration, commercial law, agricultural or natural resources management, rural engineering, or related field
- Minimum of eight years of experience in complex donor-funded project management with short implementation deadlines; professional experience in the management of projects similar to the Tunisia economic development project, as described above
- Management consulting experience, or equivalent experience in management capacity-building with government agencies and/or NGOs.
- Familiarity with the various stages of the project management cycle
- Excellent knowledge of the practices of procurement, and experience in the planning, budgeting, and supervision of procurement
- Strong ability to work with teams and coordinate and organize teamwork, as well as to prioritize and plan activities
- Strong ability to analyze and assist in making informed decisions on consultation and team collaboration
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Mastery of IT tools and software for project planning, monitoring, and evaluation (MS Project or equivalent)
- Mastery of MS Office suite computer software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in speaking, writing, and reading French; good command of Arabic. English proficiency would be an additional asset
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.