The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an experienced Project Director to lead an anticipated USAID project Sustainable Peri-urban Water and Sanitation Services in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC.) Using research and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) approaches, the program will develop innovative solutions to address the lack of sustainable peri-urban water and sanitation service delivery in the DRC. The program will leverage the latest scientific and technical knowledge to design, develop, test, implement, and evaluate new management. models, products or methods of service delivery (or to improve existing products or services), leading to systemic improvements in water and sanitation services.
The Chief of Party is responsible for the outcome of the program and provides leadership and strategic direction, working with the USAID Mission to ensure that project goals and are implemented and achieved.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
* Oversee and participate in program research efforts including collecting, analyzing and disseminating lessons emerging from program implementation, roundtable discussion and workshops, both internally and externally.
* Oversee the measurement of program results and subsequent development of a comprehensive learning agenda and theory of change to inform program innovations.
* Work in coordination with partners and stakeholders
* Supervise program staff
* Oversee project work plans, performance, and financial reports.
* Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID/DRC, including day-to-day implementation and management of activities to ensure they are in line with donor regulations and Global Communities’ policies.
* Coordinate with USAID, host government counterparts at the national level and community leaders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong ability to successfully facilitate outcome oriented discussions, workshops and forums
* Broad understanding of CLA approaches as they relate to program or organizational management;
* Broad understanding of water and sanitation services
* Experience evaluating training and capacity building interventions, and/or experience in evaluation of water and sanitation programs;
* History of creating innovative and creative solutions
* Ability to process and present information in creative ways to generate appropriate formats for different audiences;
* Ability to build consensus among peers, meet deadlines under pressure, and work successfully with a diverse team and stakeholders.
* Excellent writing skills required. Proven ability to draft and publish mid to high-level thought provoking, well researched materials.
* Strong ability and history of successfully facilitating outcome oriented roundtable discussions, workshops and forums, with the aim to contribute to the knowledge management and learning strategies of the program;
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as a social science. Master’s degree preferred.
* Experience working on international development programs that address issues of water and sanitation services
* Senior leadership experience on USAID programs including supervisory experience
* DRC experience strongly preferred
* Minimum two (2) years of experience working in learning, knowledge management and dissemination, and/or communications in a development, humanitarian, academic, professional network or similar environment;
* Experience evaluating training and capacity building interventions, and/or experience in evaluation of economic growth programs;
* Experience with program design, implementation, and evaluation methodologies preferred;
* Fluency in written and oral English and French;