Green Powered Technology is seeking a Project Director/ Team Leader to support the Millennium Challenge Corporation’s (MCC) Financial Viability Analysis for the Senegal Electricity Sector Project, which will provide support to the energy sector enabling environment, capacity development, and institutional and policy reform efforts under the MCC-Government of Senegal Compact. This project has a particular emphasis on the review and analysis of operational and investment performance of electricity utilities in Senegal. Key activities of the Project will involve both sector-level and utility-level analyses and support. At the sector level, the project will analyze the Compact’s electricity sector roadmap development and policy and institutional reform plans and activities. At the utility-level, potential activities include:
- Utility Earnings Viability Analysis
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Capital Expenditure Modeling Methodology Review and Development
- Flow-of-Funds Analysis
The position is intermittent for one year, based in Washington D.C. or remotely, and will require travel to Senegal.
- Oversee performance of the technical implementation of the project;
- Serve as a leader, coordinator, and/or resource provider for the various personnel, ensuring strong business process improvement frameworks and techniques are employed by the entire team;
- Perform assessments, using information available to make process, framework, operations, investment and policy recommendations for the currently vertically integrated utility, other concessionaires, the regulator, and/or various areas of government.
- Select and provide technical and administrative direction;
- Ensure that all technical experts carry out technical requirements;
- Report to technical and contract personnel in accordance with contractual reporting requirements;
- Ensure quality and control methods in a consistent and transparent manner for all contracted tasks and functions; and
- Establish and maintain adequate resources to ensure that cost control, quality standards, and schedules are met.
- At least 15 years of experience performing business process re-engineering /improvement in utilities, preferably in the power sector, as well as operations management, strategic management, or other areas of management consulting.
- Experience in the analysis of flows of national funds as well as developing policy and reforms for utilities, preferably for the power sector.
- Strong working knowledge and experience of fiscal analysis conducted with government ministries, national-level funds, and international financial institutions.
- Comfortable with portfolio theory and should have a mastery over cash flows, balance sheets, understanding net increases and decreases of cash as well as that of other assets (eg. depreciation), and financial/fiscal reporting.
- Reasonable understanding of the technical, financial, and regulatory aspects of utilities in the developing country context.
- Highly effective project manager and implementer.
- Familiarity with Organization for the Harmonization of Corporate Law in Africa (OHADA) and the United States’ Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and International Financial Reporting Standards (USGAAP/IFRS).
- Advanced degree (masters or higher is preferred) in a relevant field of study.
- Native or near native fluency in French and English.
- Prior work experience on MCC projects preferred.
Please Apply Here: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=gr355
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis but are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Finalists will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.
Green Powered Technology is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite CVs from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
About the Organization
Green Powered Technology is an international energy and engineering consulting firm, established in 2010 with a vision of employing sustainable, innovative energy solutions. We provide consulting services around the globe in renewable energy, energy storage, energy efficiency, and international trade in energy technologies. Our staff consists of engineers, scientists and energy economists who are experienced in providing energy consulting services worldwide, including conflict zones. We are committed to creating a future where all energy is consumed from sustainable sources and sustained by a public that values the social, economic, and environmental benefits that green energy provides.