FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Project Director to lead the anticipated USAID Advancing Evidence Base and Community Building (AEB-CB). The purpose of this contract is to increase the impact that USAID education investments have on learning and education outcomes by ensuring broad collaboration, learning, knowledge sharing, capacity development, and adaptation around USAID’s education priorities. It will also work to track progress against and provide evidence for USAID’s existing education learning agendas, as dictated by the Office of Education and relevant strategic documents.
The Project Director is responsible for overall and day-to-day management of contract activities, involving multiple tasks across multiple locations. S/he should demonstrate high-level strategic vision for advancing evidence and knowledge in the field of international education, excellent management skills and experience leading complex projects, and high-level skills and experience in convening collaborative community(ies)/network(s), professional networks, consortia or related groups preferably in education but possibly also in another social sector.
- S/he will interface with USAID staff, donors, IPs, and a wide range of other organizations with priorities aligned to the USAID Education Policy.
- Provides effective technical guidance and coordination to the overall project team and is responsible for the quality of all work products.
- S/he will organize, directs and coordinates the planning and production of all contract support activities.
- S/he will be responsible for staffing, project planning, project financials, and staff direction and oversight. Maintains and manages the relationship with USAID.
- Minimum of 10 years experience working in education for international development
- Minimum of five years experience in managing education programming, minimum of five years experience creating, leading or otherwise extensively involved in a community(ies) of practice/network(s) or similar effort involved in supporting evidence, and knowledge sharing across organizations, with a focus on field application.
- Master’s degree in a related field required; Ed.D. or Ph.D. preferred.
- Candidates speaking French, Spanish, or Arabic in addition to English preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.