Democracy International (DI) is seeking a qualified Project Director for a long term monitoring and evaluation program in Colombia.
DI is implementing a Complexity-Aware Monitoring and Evaluation (C-AM&E) program for USAID/Colombia. This 4-year program conducts Complexity-Aware research, monitoring and evaluation to support the Programa de Alianzas para la Reconciliacion
(PAR) implemented by ACDI/VOCA. The program utilizes the C-AM&E methodology to inform adaptive management of the reconciliation activity throughout its lifecycle as well as to inform lessons learned that will be applicable after it comes to an end.
DI is currently seeking a senior level Project Director who will be responsible for leading and managing the overall Complexity-Aware Monitoring and Evaluation Activity. S/he will work closely with USAID/Colombia’s Reconciliation and Inclusion Office, Program Office, and the Reconciliation Activity Partners.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Lead and manage technical work related to program design, implementation, and management;
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of deliverables under the contract;
- Redefine the reconciliation activity’s theory of change based on monitoring and evaluation deliverables conducted under this contract;
- Be responsible for the design, quality, development, and completion of all monitoring task and evaluations;
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID.
Please note that this is a Key Personnel position which requires USAID approval.
- A master’s degree in a sector relevant to political science, sociology, economics, public policy, or related science;
- At least twelve years of relevant monitoring and evaluation work experience;
- Significant expertise in designing, implementing and/or evaluating peacebuilding, reconciliation and /or conflict resolution interventions;
- Experience managing group dynamics, leading high-performing teams and project management.
- Demonstrated leadership in strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of Colombia’s reintegration and peace process;
- Demonstrated record of successfully supervising local experts and producing high-quality analytical reports;
- Strong analytical skills to collect, analyze, and synthesize data;
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Strong team management and supervisory skills;
- Demonstrated success in working with a cross-cultural team;
- Strong technical English writing and communication skills.
- Experience working in Colombia required;
- Fluency in English and Spanish required; and
- A Colombian national is preferred.
About the Organization
Democracy International, Inc. (DI) provides technical assistance, analytical services, project implementation, and monitoring and evaluation for democracy, human rights, governance, conflict mitigation, and other programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. State Department, and other development partners. Since its founding in 2003, Democracy International has worked with civil society organizations, political parties, election-management bodies, government agencies, legislatures, justice-sector institutions, and others in 70 countries. DI is an equal opportunity employer.