Chemonics seeks a project director for the anticipated USAID Next Generation In-Country Logistics award, which will be part of the Next Generation Global Health Supply Chain Suite of Programs. The project aims to fulfill requirements of USAID for the warehousing and transportation and other logistics services of USAID-funded health commodities, after their initial delivery to procurement-funded destinations around the world, in a manner that exemplifies commercial logistics best practices, promotes local logistics market health and accelerates host-government engagement with the private sector while improving performance, accountability, and cost. This project director will provide leadership and management direction to design, implement, and align technical and operational strategies, and serve as the main point of contact for in-country logistics services to USAID. The project director will be based in Washington, D.C. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall program leadership, management, and technical direction, ensuring a common vision across different components and actors, with a focus on the timely achievement of results
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID/Washington on all matters related to the day-to-day management and implementation of the program; and with all other activities under the NextGen Suite of Programs to ensure smooth linkage with in-country logistics activities
- Facilitate effective engagement with, and management of, global level consortium partners
- Oversee programmatic, financial, and administrative performance of the program, identifying issues and risks in a timely manner, and ensuring compliance with USAID and Chemonics rules and regulations.
- Ensure coherence, consistency, quality, and timely delivery of contract deliverables; ensure that monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and work planning activities accurately and professionally reflect program activities and achievements
- Directly and indirectly supervise all technical and administrative staff
- Advanced degree in management, logistics, international development, supply chain management, public health, or a related field is preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive responsibility in the fields of logistics or supply chain management, with a minimum of five years of experience managing large, complex, programs across multiple countries
- Demonstrated knowledge of the latest developments in logistics management, including best practices in contracting of transportation and warehouse services in low- and middle-income environments.
- Extensive experience successfully managing technical and operational teams, and ensuring the quality of their products
- Demonstrated ability to create efficiencies and lead operational transformation in large, complex, public health or supply chain programs
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with senior US and host government personnel, partners, and public and private sector stakeholder
- Experience working and living in low- and middle-income countries, preferably in Africa
- Strong facilitation, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Project Director” in the subject line to NextGenICLrecruit@chemonics.com by May 15, 2021 . No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.