The fulltime Project Finance Analyst will be based in our Rockville, MD office, and will play an important role supporting projects in the International Development Division. USAID contract management expertise is required.
Under the direction of the Sr. Project Finance Advisor, alongside the home office project team, this role will support the management of the financial and contractual elements of several contracts funded by USAID, and collaborate with other department/functional support areas including Contracts and Procurement, HR, and corporate/division finance. Strong communication skills with respect to breaking down and explaining financial risks/implications of project management decisions is required. French language skills are preferred.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The fulltime Project Finance Analyst will be based in our Rockville, MD office, and will play an important role supporting across a variety of international development contracts. USAID contract management expertise is required.
- Collaborate with Portfolio Manager to build appropriate work breakdown structure to comply with client requirements and allow for accurate time charging and financial projections
- Develop budgets for project teams that align to contractual requirements, proposal and project WBS; Work with Portfolio Manager and Senior Financial Manager to adjust as appropriate
- Review, validate and report project actual costs incurred for labor, expense and travel
- Document and submit information in support of accruals for work performed but not yet invoiced in accordance with company policies
- Work with Project Team to collect bottom up financial forecasts/Estimate to complete and enter into Project Financial Management Tool
- Review trends to assess accuracy of the financial forecast and work with project team to remediate any issues
- Responsible for accuracy in financial reporting for cost, revenue and profitability internally to the division and finance department, as well as externally to the client(s) in accordance with contractual obligations
- Conduct financial risk analysis considering contract type, subcontracts/materials, staffing, and other measures as appropriate. Report financial risks to the business up to Portfolio Manager, Senior Financial Manager, Operations Directors and Program Finance
- Comply with company, client, local and other legal requirements and regulations
- Track the progress of activities with financial implications such as milestones with progress payments or ties to fee
- Prepare and manage project specific deliverables related to financial or contractual requirements (such as invoicing, supporting back-up data, limitation of funds communications, etc.)
- Responsible for accuracy of financial reporting to client and Division
- Initiate purchase requisitions in Oracle in support of project services and material purchase needs
- Work with procurement team to review vendor and consultant agreements to validate funding and contract type are appropriate based on prime contract including subcontracts and materials purchases
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Experience with Oracle and TM1 based systems preferred
- Skilled with excel for data manipulation and analysis such as pivot tables, lookups, etc.
- Experience supporting and balancing the needs of multiple contracts at once
- French fluency preferred
- 3 years of experience and BA degree (in finance or economics) or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development.
Specific areas we work in include:
- Education and workforce development
- Climate change and the environment
- Food security and agriculture
- Housing and communities
- Survey and data collection
Abt is a mission-driven company with a staff of 2,600. Our focus is on using evidence and cutting-edge methods to improve the lives and economic well-being of people worldwide.