Title: Project Finance Associate
Reports to: Senior Project Accounting Manager
Reporting to the Senior Project Accounting Manager the Project Finance Associate will focus on voucher review, financial report reconciliation, donor compliance and accuracy within project accounting. Country Offices and projects will have a varying degree of complexity and the PAA’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Financial Analysis and Controls:
- Maintains Country Expense Month End Tracker – highlighting any issues, concerns or delays that arise during the month end process, assists Senior Project Accounting Manager in resolving issues, coordinating with appropriate parties as needed
- Maintain project related finance files – either using a local server or cloud based storage, ensuring completeness of files
- Ensure compliance with organization, donor and government regulations
- Work closely with the Senior Project Accounting Manager to communicate any findings to the Country Offices, follow-up to clear any findings as needed
- Effectively communicates over email and skype – being able to clearly articulate issues and solutions per the instruction of the Senior Project Accounting Manager
- Assist the Senior Project Accounting Manager in development of trainings for Country Offices, specifically related to donor and government compliance
- Reviews project spend against budget, monitors burn rate, variance, etc. for the month and over the life of the project – reports findings to the Senior Project Accounting Manager on monthly basis, or as needed
- Reviews and tracks cost share in collaboration with programs team
- Assists the Senior Project Accounting Manager in developing tools to monitor project financial health, maintains these tools
- Support the Finance and Accounting Team with creating and producing training materials
- Actively participates in Skype and other meetings – representing the SNV USA finance and accounting team as needed
- Assists the Senior Project Accounting Manager in determining, creating and documenting new processes and procedures to create better tools, systems and controls with various systems such as Asana, SAP by Design and Quickbooks Online
- Review Country Office Requests for Funds to ensure that it is reconciled against both the SNV USA and SNV Global systems
- Review accruals from Country Offices – ensuring accuracy, consistency and maintaining appropriate back-up at SNV USA
- Notifies the Senior Project Accounting Manager of significant problems such as significant variance with the approved budget, cost share issues, or unallowable costs;
- Maintains directory of relevant project financial points of contact and contractual obligations
- Reviews monthly Country Office Financial Reports submitted to SNV USA, including voucher review for accuracy
- Prepares invoices to donor in accordance with contractual agreements – tracks submission of invoices to donors
- Data entry of Country Office Financial Reports into SNV USA Accounting system, for review by Senior Project Accounting Manager
- Assists with project related inquires for the annual audit; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Overtime, holidays and weekends may be required and/or expected. Minimal travel is required.
- Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance or related major
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel, and Powerpoint
- Strong Communication and Writing skills – ability to articulate and explain complex regulations
- Ability to manage a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong technology skills – ability to learn and master new systems
- Experience with Quickbooks Online
- Knowledge and experience working with USAID
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and your CV in English. We are currently accepting applications for this position, and applications will be evaluated as received.
SNV USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SNV encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position is based in Bethesda, Maryland. Relocation and/or moving expenses will not be paid.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
SNV is a non-profit international development organization established in the Netherlands in 1965. For more than 50 years, SNV has been at the forefront of development, helping to build local capacity and empower families and communities to break the cycle of poverty. We operate in 38 developing nations in Africa, Asia and Latin America and employ innovative, market-led poverty alleviation in Agriculture & Food Security, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH). Our more than 1,000 advisors in the field come from a variety of cultural and technical backgrounds, and more than 80 percent are nationals of the countries where we work. SNV USA is the organization’s United States-based 501(c)(3) affiliate connecting North American partners to SNV’s implementation capacity around the world.
For more information, please visit: www.snv.org.