R4D is seeking a Project Grants Associate in the Grants Administration team to assist in leading all grants accounting activities and apply GAAP to manage and oversee pre- and post-award administration of multiple and complex grants, subgrants, and contracts ensuring strict compliance with donor requirements and R4D policies and procedures. This position will also help in developing and maintaining internal controls to assure regulatory compliance and efficient management of grants. This new position may be of interest to those with an accounting background who are interested in working with a broad portfolio of programs and diverse staff in a global NGO.
This position is based in Washington, DC and will report to the Manager of Grants Administration.
The Project Grants Associate will provide financial, administrative, and organizational support to the project staff working in collaboration with other support teams, such as Finance/Accounting, Procurement, and HR on a range of administrative, financial, new business development, and project support tasks.
Compliance and Tracking
Consultants, Sub-awards and Procurement
- Assisting in reporting requirements, financial management and grant timelines for the project
- Monitor compliance requirements for USAID
- Maintain systems, processes and templates for tracking individual grant requirements (financial, reporting), including processing internal paperwork for grant reporting deadlines and assist in preparing and submitting funder reports in compliance with financial and admin reporting needs
- Assist in sound project financial, administrative, and programmatic management (i.e.: achievement of contract deliverables, consultant and sub-award tracking, invoicing, effective project burn rates against planned activities, etc.)
Reporting and budgeting
- Conduct risk assessment of potential recipients of subgrant funding in compliance with funder requirements and R4D policies and guidelines
- Ensure subgrant agreements comply with funder requirements, and subgrantees are properly trained on finance compliance
- Support and provide post-award guidance to subgrantees including basic terms of signed agreements, reporting schedule, and documentation for allowable costs
- Assist in ensuring grants, contracts, and subgrants are expended in compliance with funder requirements and R4D policies and procedures
- Serve as the point of contact for assigned grants and subgrants including compliance related inquiries
- Manage project budgets for country activities, as required
- Track LOE of all team members in portfolio against project burn rates
- Document and collect financial management best practices
- Assist the audit process to include audit work-papers, and work with finance team to ensure a clean audit
The ideal candidate will be self-motivating, have excellent interpersonal skills, possess a strong work-ethic and ‘can-do’ attitude and will have a desire to grow their skills and experience in project operations and financial tracking. The Grants Associate will be expected to successfully manage competing priorities and deadlines and must be highly organized, detail-oriented, conscientious, flexible, and able to work independently and as part of a remote team. Very good at multi-tasking, decision-making, and communication (verbal and written) abilities are required.
- BA or MA in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or related field,
- At least 1-3 years of financial management/reporting/administration, budget management, expense processing, and project coordination experience required
- Prior experiences working with USAID grants & cooperative agreements as well as administering subawards from start to finish are required
- Experience with finance systems integration and developing/maintaining project tracking tools
- Strong knowledge of U.S. federal regulations for awards specifically 2 CFR 200 and 22 CFR 228
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) software required
About the Organization
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.