Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
USAID LEARN is a contract with the United States Agency for International Development’s Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning (USAID/PPL) that runs from September 29, 2014 to September 28, 2019. LEARN is implemented by Dexis Consulting Group and its partner IRG, a wholly owned subsidiary of RTI. The purpose of LEARN is to integrate collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) capacity throughout USAID’s Program Cycle in order to achieve significant development results in its programs across the world. This goal will be achieved by building CLA capacity of USAID missions and the bureaus that support them, and promoting organizational learning and knowledge management (KM) practices throughout USAID and the development community.
The LEARN Project Intern will provide between 30-40 hours/week of administrative and general project support to the LEARN PMU throughout the closeout of the LEARN contract. This involves auditing and maintaining the project files, and providing overall knowledge management support. The Project Intern will also backstop support for travel and event logistics, including procurements and coordinating air travel and lodging. They will provide surge support on an as-needed basis.
- Provide general project operations assistance to project technical staff and backstops project on a regular basis through e-mail, phone calls and in-person meetings
- Keep up-to-date information on the administrative needs of the project by attending internal meetings with the LEARN team and external meetings with the client upon request.
- Serve as a project backstop to assist with project close-out
- Submit LEARN-related procurement in accordance with client and Dexis policies to include submitting procurement requests for various project needs.
- Provide backstopping support for all travel and event logistics and procurements, including facilitating air travel, lodging, reserving venues for workshops
- Maintain and audit filing system for project administrative, financial, contractual, and technical documents in Dexis knowledge management (KM) systems
- Process vendor invoices, as needed
- Other tasks, as assigned
- Master’s Degree and one (1) year of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s Degree and (3) years of relevant experience; one (1) year of project management experience required
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Familiarity with the Google Suite
- Familiarity with international development
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work with others constructively
- 2-3 references commenting on work style as detail-oriented and self-directed (letters of reference not required for submission of an application)
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.