Project Leader with strong Finances / Audit background
Position based in Basel - Switzerland
· Technical: conduct activities related to the financial appraisal and performance monitoring of health sector development projects; verification of the implementation of health programs with special consideration of aspects relating to financial accounting and financial administration and management.
· Managerial: ensure leadership with oversight of a team and finances expertise to activities within Local Fund Agent (LFA) services under Global Fund mandate if needed; assist in the identification and acquisition of other projects with different donors
To best fit into our active, interdisciplinary team we are looking for candidates with:
· Formal recognised professional finance or accounting qualification – e.g. Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Management Accountant (CMA), Chartered Accountant Certification, Chartered Financial Analyst or Fédération des Experts-Comptables Européens etc.
· In the absence of a professionally recognised qualification a minimum of Master degree in Financial accounting and/or financial administration and management with appropriate experience would be considered along with other factors
· A qualification in financial auditing and/or strong experience in auditing or fraud detection is an asset
· Minimum of 12 years relevant experience in the field of finances, controlling and/or auditing of health sector development projects related to:
(i) financial accounting, with the ability to review and analyse accounting transactions;
(ii) reviewing and negotiating budgets;
(iii) financial management systems, with the ability to review and assess internal controls and financial processes and procedures and provide recommendations for improvement;
(iv) review of financial statements (including income and expenditure statements, balance sheets and cash reconciliation statements); and
(v) review and interpretation of audit reports.
· Minimum of 10 years of management experience, preferably in the health sector with:
(i) strong project management and team management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines in complex environment; an in-depth knowledge of issues relating to project management in developing countries;
(ii) ability to attract and acquire short term mandates with different donors
(iii) strong professional oral communication, writing and analytical skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents; strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact to effectively communicate with senior-level officials; experience in proposal writing is an asset
· Excellent command of English AND French (speaking & writing) required, another language (Spanish or Portuguese) is an asset
· Experience in Africa as well as knowledge of Global Fund procedures and requirements is an asset
An initial contract of two years will be offered with possibility of renewal based on performance.
If you are interested, please address your application using our standard CV in English (maximum 3 pages) with names of 3 referees by 09 August 2020.
As this is a re-advertisement, previous candidates should not re-apply.
Please note that we can only accept applications via our online recruiting tool: https://recruitingapp-2698.umantis.com/Jobs/All. Applications via e-mail or external recruiter will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview, the recruitment for the position will be finalized by end of August 2020.
For further information please consults our website:
http://www.swisstph.ch/jobs.html and http://www.swisstph.ch/swiss-centre-for-international-health.html