Under the direction of the Division Vice President, the incumbent has responsibility for managing specific portions of day-to-day operations of internal division projects in the areas of risk management, administrative operations, project management standardization, and compliance. As well, the incumbent is responsible for working with stakeholders to model project management standards and resolve operational issues. The Project Management Associate supports integrated project management and organizational effectiveness across a large portfolio of global development projects in 40 countries.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring sound project management practices are used in all projects and division operations
- Responsible for working across Abt, with multiple departments and project teams, to resolve operational issues
- Responsible for serving as project manager for significant internal division projects including:
- Develop project plans including budgets, schedules, dependencies, risks, resource plans, and scope documents for internal operations.
- Facilitate stakeholder involvement for operational changes, including communications strategy, and organizational change planning
- Monitors internal division projects to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
- Responsible for implementing process efficiencies across division to drive excellence and program performance. Specifically:
- May conduct performance/project analyses during start-up and close-out to benefit future/other projects/missions/program
- Work with the Resource Planning Manager and members of the management team to ensure effective labor planning and operations
- Ensure contract review procedures and monthly documents are in place for reviews
- Ensure project and proposal risk is identified and managed
- Assist the DVP with change initiatives
- Conduct business analyses on operational and executional items to permit data-driven business decisions
- Serve as project management methodology mentor to project managers and other staff within IDD
- PMP or PMD Pro certification
- 2-5 years of demonstrated strong operations and/or project management experience with large-scale international development projects
- 2-5 years of demonstrated change management experience
- Additional language fluency (French or Portuguese preferred)
- Master’s Degree and 7 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development.
Specific areas we work in include:
- Education and workforce development
- Climate change and the environment
- Food security and agriculture
- Housing and communities
- Survey and data collection
Abt is a mission-driven company with a staff of 2,600. Our focus is on using evidence and cutting-edge methods to improve the lives and economic well-being of people worldwide.