Chemonics seeks a project management associate to join the executive office division. The associate will conduct administrative operations, coordinate executive meetings, and execute critical tasks for the Executive Office, Executive Division, Executive Management Team, and Board of Directors. It is an excellent opportunity to learn about how Chemonics works and the key players that support the work we do. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Serve as point of contact for the Executive Office by engaging with all staff and visitors
- Provide administrative support for executives, including answering phones, monitoring email, and managing calendars using sound judgment and discretion
- Ensure that executives are prepared for meetings by printing daily calendars and relevant documents for meetings
- Schedule and plan meetings as requested, including booking conference rooms, printing documents, setting up presentations, and submitting catering requests
- Ensure documents are signed in a timely manner
- Arrange travel for executives and EMT as requested by submitting travel authorization and approval forms and liaising with the travel department
- Assist in arranging travel for Board members
- Process Delegations of Authority (DOAs) and Powers of Attorney (POAs)
- Update and maintain executive office file systems
- Research and coordinate corporate projects as requested
- Provide recommendations and insights based on research
- Liaise with recruitment and hiring managers to conduct reference checks for Executive Division candidates
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
Minimum one year of work experience in a professional office work environment required.
Ability to maintain discretion and work with highly confidential and/or protected information required
Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; strong cross-culture communication and sensitivity skills
Demonstrated ability to handle routine tasks and operational issues in a fast-paced environment
Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management
Demonstrated client service skills and ability to anticipate the needs of stakeholders
Ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contributions to end results
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills
Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
Language proficiency in a second language preferred
Previous experience working in international development and/or living or conducting volunteer work in developing countries preferred
Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of 4 to 8 weeks per year; experience living or working in developing countries preferred
Apply through our Career Center at https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1
by May 1, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.