The West and Central Africa and Haiti (WCAFH) region is conducting an internal and external recruit for a PMU Associate B! WCAFH’s 13 active projects cover nine countries and a wide range of technical sectors, including early grade reading, climate change, agriculture, rule of law, governance, and countering violent extremism. The associate’s project management portfolio will be determined based on regional needs and successful candidate interest.
We are looking for associate candidates with proven track records of versatility, leadership, and integrity in their work. Successful candidates will assist in monitoring project finances and budgeting, backstopping local personnel, subcontract management, client relations, and organizing project files. Additionally, successful candidates will have demonstrated interest in taking on a variety of new business development roles; ability to build and maintain successful relationships with internal and external parties; and a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum two years of relevant administrative or professional work experience
- Minimum one year of contractual, project management, or related experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written communications; strong cross-culture communication and sensitivity skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle routine administrative tasks and operational issues
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management with minimum oversight
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision, and contribute to projects and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to mentor others
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Willingness to travel and work abroad in less developed countries for at least 4 to 8 weeks per year
- French proficiency required
Please visit the Career Center
to submit an internal EOI and updated resume by COB Friday July 27th.
Please note we will be interviewing on a rolling basis.
: As outlined in Section 1(M.) Intra-Company Transfers and Rotations in Chemonics Policy Manual
, Chemonics expects all employees to remain in their divisions for at least 12 months. Links to the Current Opportunities portal or to positions listed on this portal should never be shared outside of Chemonics.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.