Job DescriptionRTI is currently accepting applications for the position of Project Management Specialist within the International Development Group•s Global Health Division (GHD).• Working closely with other project management team members, the Project Management Specialist provides operational and coordination support to projects and project management teams.• The position will be based in Research Triangle Park, NC or Washington, DC and will require international travel.
The successful candidate will be expected to have an exceptional ability to plan and organize work, develop tools, prepare and summarize reports and other materials, and follow through on agreed upon actions, while maintaining a positive and productive attitude with other team members in a fast-paced and demanding environment.• S/he must be a strong communicator, be energetic and show initiative, demonstrate a willingness to take on challenges, while at the same time appreciating the scope of the position and his/her role within the team.
This position is responsible for a wide range of administrative, financial, coordination, and operational project and proposal support tasks.• Specific responsibilities will include:
- Supporting all phases of project implementation, from project start-up to closeout.
- Developing and maintaining project management schedules, work plans, and other general project management resources and tools.
- Establishing and maintaining financial tracking tools and budgets, monitoring expenses and helping to design and implement strategies that address financial performance issues and help to identify risk.
- Supporting the recruitment and onboarding of field- and home-office based project staff and other human resources processes, including identification of short-term technical assistance needs and resources.
- Preparing travel and consultant approval requests, information for contract modification requests, and other actions for submission to clients.
- Supporting the contracting and monitoring of subcontractors and consultants, reviewing invoices; modifying contracts when needed; ensuring payments are made in a timely manner.
- Participating in procurement processes and ensuring compliance.
- Liaising and coordinating support services from RTI business partners and regional offices.
- Tracking completed/approved deliverables, especially those required for USAID•s Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC) and RTI managed websites.
- Ensuring accurate and compliant record keeping; monitoring and leading any correction process required to ensure project documentation, deliverables and data are maintained consistently in accordance with policies and standards.
- Providing general reporting to project management teams.
- Supporting business and proposal development as assigned.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The position is expected to support projects 70% of the time, proposals 15%, and other tasks as required, 15%.
A Master•s degree in Public Health or relevant social science, with at least two years related professional experience; or a Bachelor•s Degree in health or relevant social science with at least four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in project administration and proposal development, in particular for USAID and other international donors.
- Experience in direct or indirect field management preferred.
- Outstanding critical thinking skills and proven ability to identify issues and opportunities, provide solutions, and build consensus among multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with team members, partners and donors.
- Proven excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Proven excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced budgeting, financial analysis and spreadsheet skills; strong Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint skills.• Knowledge of SharePoint, Salesforce, and Marketplace.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure, being a self-starter who works both independently and as a collaborative team player.
- Foreign language skills highly desirable.
- Prior experience working, studying, or traveling in developing countries highly desirable.
About the OrganizationIDG Global Health