1. SOLICITATION NO.: 02-21
2. ISSUANCE DATE: February 16, 2021
3. CLOSING DATE/TIME FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: March 07, 2021 (5:30 p.m. Sri Lanka Time)
4. POSITION TITLE: USAID Project Management Specialist
5. MARKET VALUE: Equivalent to CCNPSC Grade 11 (Step 1 Rs. 4,017,389/- to Step 14 Rs. 6,649,174/-per annum plus allowances). Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value.
6. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: Initial one (1) year probationary period with renewable contract(s) contingent on overall performance, continued need of the position and availability of funds.
7. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Colombo, Sri Lanka.
8. MEDICAL AND SECURITY CLEARANCE: The selected candidate must be able to obtain the required U.S. Government security and medical clearances in advance of hiring. If such clearances are not obtained within a reasonable time or negative suitability issues are involved, any offer made will be rescinded. Details on how to obtain the clearances will be provided once a job offer is made and accepted. You must be available to start work as soon as valid medical and security clearances are obtained. This availability must be indicated in your cover letter.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The job holder serves as a Project Management Specialist for the Office of Economic Growth (OEG) in USAID/Sri Lanka & Maldives. As a Project Management Specialist, the job holder will serve as Agreement Officer Representative (AOR)/Contracts Officer Representative (COR)/Activity Manager (AM) for Mission-based/Washington-based projects and is responsible for all the major responsibilities associated with those positions. The OEG portfolio currently consists of projects in the following sectors: private sector development, public financial management, trade facilitation, business enabling environment, energy efficiency, climate change adaptation, and vocational training. The job holder also gathers market information, provides guidance in the preparation of statements of work, concept papers and evaluates bids for major projects, unsolicited proposals and programs. The job holder is expected to coordinate economic growth activities with other U.S. Government Agencies, donor counterparts, and the Mission’s Office of Governance and Vulnerable Populations. S/he reports to the Director of the Office of Economic Growth.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
Any application that does not meet the requirements stated below will not be evaluated. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within one month from the closing date of this advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.
a. Education: Master’s degree from a recognized, accredited university in Development, Economics, Business, Finance, International Relations or related field is required.
b. Prior Work Experience: At least five years of development experience is required, preferably with a major international donor or organization. Comprehensive knowledge of economics, private sector trends, and current techniques of development project management is required. The job holder must have in-depth knowledge of the current theories and concepts of development economics and a thorough understanding of partnership development, market competitiveness, enterprise development, microfinance, trade and investment policy, and indicators that influence a free trade market in a global economy. Knowledge of building and managing value chain trends is also required.
c. Post Entry Training: Successful completion of COR/AOR training is required and will be provided. Post entry training will be focused primarily on USAID’s established policies, procedures and regulations that govern: 1) USAID-specific activity management and procurement systems; 2) USAID-sponsored training in Project Design and Activity Management; and 3) USAID’s Environmental Procedures (22CFR216) including environmental mitigation and monitoring. Other Agency-specific training (both internal & external) may be provided from time to time depending on the availability of program funds, individual technical needs, and if determined to be in direct support of USAID/Sri Lanka’s economic growth activities.