- Transport: Roads and Highways
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 13,000 dedicated people working across a network of 100 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
SMEC is involved as the PMC Consultant with the Ministry of Public Works and Housing (MPWH) to help it deliver an increased number of infrastructure projects in the road, water supply and wastewater, and water resources sectors, the government intends to strengthen the capacity of MPWH by the means of the Accelerating Infrastructure Delivery through Better Engineering Services Project (ESP).
The Project is the Accelerating Infrastructure Delivery through Better Engineering Services Project (ESP) will help meet the infrastructure development objectives of the Ministry of Public Works and Housing’s (MPWH’s) Strategic Development Plan (SDP) by improving the quality and timeliness of the delivery of the SDP’s public investment program.
As our team is growing, we are currently looking for a Project Management Specialist and Team Leader to be based in Indonesia.
- Continual liaison, support and coordination with the PCO, DGH’s PMO concerned PIUs, and local offices of DGH, including liaison with PPC firms;
- Identify tasks on the critical path, timely mobilize the team members and ensure that implementation schedules follow an integrated approach;
- Keep abreast of and review the roads, highways and bridges development strategies and policies adopted by DGH, identify the critical gaps where the project can add benefits, and propose the remedial measures;
- Advice on all components of the ESP and guide the PIUs on projects prepared under the ESP;
- Ensure efficient and effective inputs of PMC consultants to selection of PMC firms and review of PMC firm’s outputs;
- Prepare the PIUs and local offices of DGH for project organization and overall project implementation readiness;
- Assist in ensuring that project accounting and regular reports are submitted to the various stakeholders, as required for the ESP;
- Coordinate activities of the PPC firms working for the ESP to ensure optimal and effective utilization of resources;
- Conduct project monitoring as agreed with the PMO/PIUs and maintain a master schedule of all ESP activities and monitor performance against progress, identifying problem areas and working with the PMO and PIUs to solve these problems;
- Ensure compliance with quality and best practices of consultancy services and physical works executed by PPC firms;
- Establish, and keep updated, information systems that show the contract packages and implementation plan and which discloses the use of the Loan proceeds, including, details of each contract;
- Liaise with the PCO and DGH and keep them apprised of any issues or concerns that could impact project performance and/or completion, and ensuring direction of the consultant’s work toward achieving the intended objectives and timelines;
- Facilitate overall coordination among relevant government ministries and entities to ensure successful implementation of the ESP;
- Coordinate the inputs of the PMO/PIUs/local offices of DGH as per the agreed work plans, advise team members of changes to the work plans, and monitor team members to ensure priority attention is given to the ESP;
- Organize briefing sessions regularly in presence of PMO/PIUs to collect/discuss project development/progress information;
- Brief team members on (a) quality management, (b) safety and security issues, and (c) integrity and professional conduct, and keep the team updated on changes in the operating environment or procedures;
- Establish and monitor quality assurance and control (QA and QC) procedures, and monitor QA and QC for each project being implemented under the ESP throughout the project procurement and implementation period;
- Lead preparation of detailed TORs and RFPs for recruiting PPC firms for DGH’s projects prepared under the ESP and lead PMC’s assistance in the selection and recruitment of the PPC firms;
- Advice the PMO/PIUs on budgets, cost control and reporting formats with the DGH;
- Ensure compliance with ADB’s safeguard policies, including monitoring and reporting requirements;
- Provide advice, guidance and capacity building to the PMO and PIUs on ADB’s procedures and guidelines for project implementation and management in general;
- Oversee establishment of agreed institutional arrangements and policy requirements under the ESP;
- Supervise timely and adequate delivery of institutional strengthening of DGH in public investment management systems and on value engineering;
- Oversee preparation of the project completion report that shall include lessons learned, a sustainability plan, and other recommendations (e.g., policy recommendations) that would ensure that the gains achieved from the TA are fully institutionalized;
- Lead development of ESP project completion report (PCR) based on the ADB guidelines for PCRs;
- Participate in ADB project review missions and other tasks as requested by the PMO.
- Minimum qualification of University Post Graduation in the field of engineering / architecture with experience in Design, Construction and Project Management with development and / or multinational Consultancy Firms.
- Strong administrative capabilities and managerial skills.
- Must have the full capability to analyze, and interpret financial reports, together with technical and legal documents. Fluency in handling of local language is desirable.
- Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret extensive variety instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- The candidate should also be self-innovative, creative, and able to work under minimum level of supervision in a heavy workload environment. This will include a quality sense of defining technical problems, collecting appropriate and related data to establish solutions.
- Minimum period of 15 years work experience in a senior position in a relevant Development, Planning, Design, and Construction field are required.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience involving large-scale international infrastructure, transportations and other relevant projects. Ability and willingness to travel as required.
- Knowledge in the local market is highly preferred.
- Previous experience in Indonesia region and international engineering consultancy organizations are desirable.
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
How to apply:
- All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the “Apply Now” link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our career page at www.smec.com/careers
For confidential discussions regarding this opportunity, please contact:
Daphne LOK Ping Yoke - email@example.com.
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
About the Organization
SMEC, originally Snowy Mountains Engineering Corporation, is one of the leading engineering and development consultancies in the world.
Over the last several years SMEC has been consistently ranked in the annual survey listings of the US technical publication Engineering News-Record and in 2005 was listed at 68 in their listing 'The Top 200 International Design Firms'. Providing multidisciplinary consulting services in engineering, project management, environmental science and development activities, SMEC has been engaged in assignments throughout the world for 30 years.
To date SMEC has successfully completed many thousands of separate projects in Australia and in more than 79 other countries for international funding and aid agencies, as well as for government organisations and private sector clients.
Major international agencies with which SMEC is registered as a consultant include the United Nations, the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the Commonwealth Fund for Technical Co-operation, the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development, the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development, the Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa, the Islamic Development Bank, the OPEC Fund for International Development, and the Australian Agency for International Development.
SMEC is also registered with a number of government ministries in various countries and with Local, State and Federal Government authorities in Australia. SMEC's initial expertise was developed from the work of the Snowy Mountains Hydro-electric Authority (SMHEA) in the investigation, design and construction of the vast Snowy Mountains Scheme in south-eastern Australia; a multipurpose development recognised as an international engineering landmark.
From the early 1960s those engineering and management skills were also utilised by the Australian Government for major development works overseas and in Australia. By the time SMEC was established as a separate organisation in 1970 its parent organisation (SMHEA) had already acquired a solid reputation in the international consulting field and was operating effectively in several countries in South-East Asia and throughout Australia.
Today SMEC's personnel and other resources are being utilised on over 150 projects throughout Australia, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and the Pacific, undertaking studies, investigations, design, project implementation and management, and training as well as a variety of assignments in various individual specialist disciplines.
SMEC is committed to implementing quality assurance on all corporate activities and on projects undertaken on behalf of clients, and to this end operates under a quality assurance and environmental management system which satisfies the requirements of ISO 9001:1994 and ISO 14001:1996. SMEC is certified as a "Quality Endorsed Company" with Licence No. 0655.