The Project Manager role will be fully dedicated to Aktis’ project for a group of donors funding reconstruction projects inside Syria that focus on restoration and maintenance of essential public services and infrastructure. This project is remotely managed from Amman, Jordan.
The Project Manager (PM) will oversee all project management related functions of the project. The successful candidate will ensure the project runs smoothly, meets all project milestones, and manages the project for effective delivery. The PM will work closely with the Team Leader, Field Operations Manager, and M&E Manager to ensure all milestones are met, trouble shoot issues that arise, and support in the execution of project deliverables. The PM will also engage and communicate with Aktis’ field monitoring partner. The main areas of focus for the role are:
- Manages all project management and scheduling tracking tools
- Tracks project milestones and ensures on-time delivery
- Develops and updates budgets, ensures associate and partner inputs remain within budget;
- Oversee the cashflow and invoicing process, and procurement;
- Writes financial reports.
- Manages all contractual issues with Aktis’ partner and ensures a collaborative working relationship.
- Provides support to the technical team when needed
- Conducts research upon request
- Field based experience working in fragile and conflict states; preferred work experience includes the Syria conflict;
- Experience working on international donor-funded projects;
- Minimum 5 years’ post-qualification experience in project management;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree within a related field, such as International Development, Social sciences, Business Management, master’s degree preferred;
- Successful track record of project financial management;
- Experience managing workplans and tracking project milestones; and
- Fluency in English (full professional proficiency).
About the Organization
Aktis Strategy is an organisation led by some of the world’s foremost consultant practitioners in problem-solving for fragile and conflict-affected countries. With knowledge and expertise across the spectrum of security sector reform, governance, justice/rule of law, conflict management and countering extremism, Aktis specialises in devising, managing and evaluating complex programmes to address challenging political and institutional problems. Recent field operations have been conducted in Afghanistan, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Iraq, Pakistan, Syria, Somalia, and Tunisia. More information is available at the Aktis website, www.aktisstrategy.com.