The QED Group is preparing a proposal for the USAID/Bureau for Food Security (BFS) Advancing Women’s Empowerment (AWE) activity, which will support USG agencies, missions, and implementing partners (IPs) to enhance existing and future Feed the Future and Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) programming through evidence-based efforts to increase women’s participation, productivity, profit, and benefit in agriculture and food systems.
Component 1: Design and Learning Services
AWE will support BFS, missions, and IPs to organize and apply relevant gendered evidence to design and work planning processes, including PAD/project-level and activity-level designs, and extending into regular work planning.
Component 2: Implementation Support Services
Component 2 will support the implementation of new interventions within existing agricultural activities to promote women’s participation, benefit, and empowerment as well as the scale-up of interventions with demonstrated success in improving women’s empowerment in agriculture.
Component 3: Good Practices Discovery
AWE aims to develop technical recommendations for particularly persistent and complex challenges to women’s empowerment in agriculture and food systems.
The QED Group is currently looking for a Project Manager (Team Leader).
The Project Manager is accountable to BFS for all activities and results and will be the principal point of contact for USAID/BFS/Office of Country and Strategy Implementation for issues related to project mobilization, quality assurance, and problem resolution. The Project Manager must have detailed understanding of and expertise relevant to AWE Objectives to determine the suitability of proposed personnel and technical assistance and to provide quality assurance during implementation. The Project Manager must demonstrate diplomacy and leadership to foster an atmosphere of teamwork, productivity, creativity, fairness, equity, and innovation, and support for diversity in working with contract team members, mission staffs, and host-country counterparts.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or higher in agricultural development, economics, agronomy, gender and development, social science, or a related field is required.
- Ten years of experience across (1) implementing gender-sensitive or gender-transformative agricultural and food systems programming in developing countries, (2) leading gender research or monitoring and evaluation in agricultural development programs, and (3) gender-mainstreaming in the food security sector is required.
- A minimum of three years of experience in leading and providing technical, administrative and management oversight of large and complex international development donor-funded activities as Project Director/Manager, Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, or comparable other management role is required.
- Strong management skills, writing skills, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrated interest and experience in international development, especially USAID programs (overseas experience is a plus).
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.