With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canadian global leader in management consulting services, specializing in international economic development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
CowaterSogema is currently recruiting a Project Manager (Local Governance & Economic Development) for an upcoming project in Mozambique managed by our firm’s Local Governance and Economic Development Group. This position will be based in Maputo, and the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a market systems development and technical assistance project relating to off-grid renewable energy.
This is a junior to mid-level position reporting to the project’s Team Leader. Candidates must have DFID project management experience.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (economics, political science, international development, international relations, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with progressively more responsibility in project management and direction, administration and financial management in a team environment (experience managing DFID-funded projects is considered an asset);
- Experience managing and directing new or existing international development projects, including:
- supervising and coordinating inputs and efforts from field and HQ team members;
- performing quality control on all deliverables;
- engaging in recruitment of project staff;
- “hands-on” rigorous management of budgets, contracts and schedules; and
- maintaining clear communication lines between HQ, the field and clients.
- Overseas experience in developing countries; and
- Experience with international donor reporting requirements (GAC, DFID, World Bank, etc.);
- Fluency (speaking and writing) in Portuguese and English is required for the position based in Mozambique;
- Excellent writing skills (reports, work plans, proposals);
- Strong financial management skills;
- Strong managerial and organisational skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas is considered an asset;
- economic development;
- market systems development;
- off-grid renewable energy (solar household systems, green mini-grids, etc);
- grant management.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.
About the OrganizationCowaterSogema is a global leader in management consulting services, focusing on developing and emerging economies. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. As Canada’s largest international development consulting firm, CowaterSogema has developed a reputation of excellence for our strong ability to work with clients and stakeholders to provide leading-edge solutions and services tailored to the needs and challenges faced by developing and transitional countries. Our firm possesses internationally recognized and award-winning experience at the policy, program and project levels, developing and managing major projects as well as undertaking studies, sector reviews, evaluations, and training and communications activities.
CowaterSogema is a global company with its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, an office in Montreal, Canada, an office in Pretoria, South Africa (CowaterSogema South Africa) and operations in Paris, France (CowaterSogema Europe). Additionally, the company currently operates project offices worldwide including in Burkina Faso, Mali, Malawi, Cameroon, South Sudan, Mozambique, Zambia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Jordan, Peru, Honduras, Barbados etc.